Gina Carano Booted from Mandalorian

And honestly that was a wise decision cause she’s bat shit crazy too… Anyone who quotes and follows Alex Jones should be in no position of being taken seriously. :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll bet there’s a job waiting for her on Infowars!!!

We are so close to having a social credit score implemented it should make all of you pucker your rear iris.

1 Like

Knew I shouldn’t have read some of these comments in here.

2 Likes

Don’t bite the hand that feeds you, been like that for thousands of years…

2 Likes

This has actually been surreally civil compared to some Reddit threads I’ve read.

3 Likes

That’s because Caesar is watching…

@Anthony

1 Like

I’m watching closely as well… Just waiting for the shit storm… I like being surprised, it restores my hope in humanity. :wink:

1 Like

People have never really gotten along all that well. The various forms of discrimination have been around since the beginning of time and the various forms of war are actually more the global norm.

I think what most impacted the western world is not the rise or dominance of these things but the various social media platforms using logarithms to track everything and then pushing it in everyone’s faces.

You click a button about people being allergic to water and you are bombarded with more asinine bullshit material.

“We” as a population have allowed all of this to take place…and we’re at a point where everything HAS to be more sensationalized for us to even be interested in it to click it.

It’s frustrating, sad and more than a little scary because I think there are real, lasting consequences for all of us…I just don’t think we know what they are yet.

1 Like

They can always bring her back. See James Gunn.

1 Like

Have you read Ten rArguments for Deleting Your Social Media by Jaron Lanier?

Awesome, fun read.

2 Likes

Sounds like it would be similar to the Netflix documentary “The Social Dilemma”.

He’s in that. Long dreads guy. Great though provoking stuff.

2 Likes

I’m fortunate as I don’t use FB or IG…but the pitfalls extend far beyond those 2 platforms. I should check out that book – ty!

Perfectly civil. I just don’t want to know anyone’s political leanings, ideas, thoughts, beliefs, etc., on anything in these forums and now I know several peoples based on comments and likes. The forums are now tainted and impure lol

1 Like

You know, I think I’m going to be able to talk about spandexed strong-men amongst the fine people in this thread just fine after all of this. Those with divergent opinions from me presented their view on Gina and corporate HR/PR decisions in a way that was respectful. In many instances I can even see where they are coming from.

I think it’s wonderful that we can disagree on the economy, healthcare, speech matters, foreign and domestic policy, yet still agree that some comic books are beautiful, some are horrid looking, Batman is always badass, and every one of us has a little Peter Parker in us.

10 Likes

Not always… you already forgot King’s take on him apparently… Batman would not get stood up at the altar… he would have been the one doing the “stood’in” :wink:

That wasn’t Batman. Batman and Dick Grayson reached an agreement where Batman and Dick Grayson would have their faces surgically swapped to appease readers who want sappy love stories. However, everything Batman was doing was Dick Grayson and everything Dick Grayson was doing was Batman. Stay tuned for more instructions from Batman (Dick Grayson). We are Gotham!

I’m going to save my “get out of jail free” card (hopefully we each get one) for the point in time that the Punisher gets brought to the forefront of discussion.

Where’s my Punisher vs. Barracuda series by the way? The Stegman covers for that were awesome from the solicits last year.

COVID seemed to delay that and a number of other comics. I dunno what the heck is going on with some the titles.

1 Like