Gleason curse of the man thing

or maybe a webbed version of this

1 Like

Hahaha. Ok. You get my point, though right?

1 Like

yep!

Just hope this over-done idea doesn’t damage the original’s impact. I shelled out for a first print virgin SS, because I liked it so much. Following it up so quickly with all the colours of the rainbow and dubious extensions of the ‘webbing idea’ to other characters is not enthusing me much : )

2 Likes

So… this is also a 1:25??? I just found it on TFaW for preorder. Couldn’t find it the other day but they have it at $17.49. I don’t know about that kind of money for that cover. Am I seeing that right?

Hahahaha the audacity of Marvel to pull that shit is so perfect and hilarious to me.

“Hey, guys, remember that $3.99 cover you all liked and then started selling for $20 on ebay? Well we decided we want a piece of that, so here’s a watered down version with no connection to the artistic premise of the first version and now it’s an incentive for a character nobody has been ordering 25 copies of in recent memory. Have fun!”

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure its a regular cover price book. Theres a 1:25 but they haven’t shown the art yet

Oh thank god. I would feel terrible for those afflicted with FOMO who end up shelling out $20 for it.

1 Like

Oh ok. I thought it was the 1:25. TFaW says it’s a Gleason cover. I didn’t think the same artist would do 2 covers of the same comic.

Sold out? I can’t find this.

yea… nor I

It is showing sold out now. I must’ve grabbed a cart drop last night.

You think you’re going to hang on to it or flip it?

Undecided. I grabbed it since it wasn’t there the day before. I’m going to wait and see how it plays out for the moment.

Is that Gleason cover a ratio?

Golden Apple has it for cover

I wonder who is wrong? Maybe the Tfaw I grabbed is a virgin variant? Doesn’t list it as so. Wonder what’s up there?

I asked my shop and they said it appears to be a open order, so they got me a copy. I bet the ratio ends up being a virgin variant

It might just be a placeholder until the actual cover art is released, something similar happened with the 1:25 witter variant for high republic 2 where for a while it was showing the A cover

1 Like

Except that ss literally says Gleason variant. With THR it said the actual artist name while showing the incorrect cover