Gleason Variant dropping at 2pm CST

4 out of 5 preorders on eBay get cancelled when I’m the seller so I don’t sell preorders any more.

1 Like

Actually, I would be happy if he only did Spider-Man, Venom, and Carnage. However, if I were him I would push as many of these out until the market has had enough of them.

1 Like

There’s normal trade listed on eBay for $55, so cost is $35 +$5 for shipping materials to eBay buyer =$40 so down to $15 profit, then eBay’s cut so you basically only make like $8…what’s the point?

3 Likes

Welp…back to Star Wars spec…all I can say is don’t pay 2nd prices for these.

Not putting a limit on this was a very poor decision on gleason…basically all these are going on eBay to take advantage of FOMO.

2 Likes

I am not going to going to chase after this book. I rather just get regular trade issued ones. I was planning to sell them eventfully anyway one day down the line. I think I will stick to just having the original Spider-Man #55 and later printings.

1 Like

See, I would take the other approach… I’d do them scattered out and unannounced until last minute… then you can drag it out even longer across more, making them more appealing and special each time. Push enough real fast just turns people off more quickly…

1 Like

Not everyone is great at business.

1 Like

If you bought 100 of them, then that’s $800 profit.

The same goes for comic shops, why buy a book for $2 and sell for $4… quantities… you move inventory and try to move lots of it. :wink:

1 Like

$8 x 100 is still $800 profit. If you buy 100 Gemini mailers probably won’t take long to pack them all.

I beat you… we thinking same thing… haha

I beat you!!!

I hope he stops here. Did the big 3. Let it be and continue to just draw him heat.

You do too many and you become that guy, becomes a gimmick, and you lose your heat. There’s something to be said to keeping that heat on yourself.

But It’s very hard not to cash in and do more as money talks.

1 Like

Ummm… mine shows up before yours, I beat you…

Heh, my point being there’s way easier books to flip for that $8 than this store exclusive.

However, there is no way in knowing what will sell in the future. This is basically the same art with a twist. The chance of him creating a new piece of art that is embraced by the market in the same way is negligible. IMO

Yes. One of my short boxes jumped out and pointed a cardboard gun at my head. No way I was risking the paper cut.

1 Like

This is why I say spread them out far and few between… do these first 3, let people forget and then in 6 months BAM!, do another awesome one and get people’s panties all knotted up screaming for them…

Wouldn’t that be a “cardboard” cut though?

Isn’t cardboard just corrugated paper? Wasn’t risking it. Those hurt like a b

You know what’s worse than a paper cut? The other day I legit got a aluminum foil cut… those tend to go deeper… with more blood.

1 Like