Golden Apple Comics

Golden Apple cut me off because I purchased too many spec books before they could raise the price before release. Lol

4 Likes

I’m not sure if I should laugh or cry… but that’s just wrong!

1 Like

f**k that store, i bought a preorder yoda ss 9.8 for 100 bucks than it got hot selling for 500+ and he cancelled on me

2 Likes

Companies sometimes do this if you prove yourself to them. It’s just greed. I’ve heard of Midtown doing this, too. They will flag your email.

midtown will black list you if you return to many items.

I would never operate a business like this to customers by cancelling on them. I would honor the price (only if it wasn’t clearly a mistake in the listing, like you know, listing a $100 item for like $10 and it’s pretty obvious).

2 Likes

Did they send you a message stating this ? Or they just shut you out ?

The Golden apple of today is nothing like it was from decades earlier. It was always a bit pricey but that is LA for ya but it was a fun store to go into way back when. Now it is just a greedy shadow of what it used to be. My opinion anyway. I’m sure it still has its loyal customers.

They gave no reason in the email. Just that my email was flagged and any current or future orders will be refunded. But, there’s nothing else that I did wrong. Conclusion: They just want that spec money.

2 Likes

Yes I can’t purchase from mycomicshop because they sent a $70 order to the wrong address completely their fault and was returned to sender they refused to refund me even though the items were returned to them so I had to get PayPal involved. Now I’m black listed and they have cancelled $500 orders I’ve tried to place.

2 Likes

That’s about as passive aggressive as one can get.

Oh look, you’re selling products with no limits. I’m gonna buy X amount of products. Sorry, we’re not selling these to you and you’re no longer allowed to buy products from us.

2 Likes

Of course they don’t mind when people load up on garbage books.

2 Likes

All comes down to greed and being shady.

2 Likes

That kind of thing can ruin a business.

Can… It should ruin if you ask me.

1 Like

golden apple is stingy and never gives discounts. stopped ordering from them before the pandemic.

3 Likes

I stopped when they started charging $7 to ship me one book.

4 Likes

My LCS does the same thing that’s why I don’t preorder books from them anymore.

They raise the price on your pre-orders or they cancel them?

They either cancel or limit it to one though I preordered it before foc. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re reselling it on the secondary market to make more money.

2 Likes