Golden Apple Comics

Yep, that’s garbage and does not deserve your business. A smart LCS would look at your FOC orders and investigate why you might be ordering what you’re ordering.

2 Likes

They raise prices prior to release if there is any heat on a book. I usually ordered before they could do that.

That’s crazy. I’ve never heard of an LCS doing that to a preorder, regardless of how crazy the book becomes.

I agree - my LCS will order for you pre-FOC - dont know if they have a limit (I’ve ordered 4 at most), or what is the cutoff to pre-pay. You will get a discount if you are a holds customer (I am not !)

Seems like comicsZ 's LCS is taking advantage of his (her?) spec ! Bad LCS !

2 Likes

so its them who are greedy, but your not ?
how many are you trying to order ?

What matters is they are not fulfilling their end of the bargain. I did the work to know about the spec before them. If they want to limit orders, then limit everything beforehand, not afterwards. They certainly wouldn’t mind if I bought tons of crap books.

6 Likes

Yea I just don’t see the long term advantage of an LCS fulfilling a multi-copy pre-order of a hot book (not knowing it is hot until release date), and then limiting it thereafter. Sure they make more money off the book but at the cost of long-term customer relationships? That strategy can’t work long-term can it?

1 Like

Eventually, it can ruin a business when they depend on repeat customers, especially if word gets out.

They should fulfill the orders that were placed pre-FOC. The buyer is also taking a risk with the spec, and LCS still makes money. Not all specs are a sure thing. After FOC, they are free to set prices on books not spoken for. I personally think that they should sell at cover price the week of FOC, excluding variants; after the week its open season.

They are free after foc (a different discussion), but that doesn’t mean cancel orders post foc after the customer already paid. I have books that sell for more the next day before I ship. Should I cancel the buyer’s order and re-list at a higher price?

1 Like

Whats free ?

The seller is free to raise the price post foc, but not after someone pays the bill and then just cancel it because you want more money.

1 Like

This :100: !!
I’m just an individual collector and don’t know the first thing about how to run an LCS, but I would guess that the owner could gauge what might be “hot” by the amount of pre-orders, no? If so, order more for your shop. Don’t take a customer pre-orders and flip them for profit.

4 Likes

Sounds like his LCS is fine with him making the spec, taking the risk, and then just before the sale date, if the book heats up, changes terms (not in a good way for the buyer). Sucky move !

2 Likes

Got into a major spat with Golden Apple comics.
They are a P.O.S. company to deal with
Told them to go eat sh&t as I’m tired of dealing with absolute nonsense every stinking day. I’ve had it with piss poor customer service

Somehow bindery tears 1/2" long are “near mint” and proving it to me by showing me bindery tears 1/16" getting 9.4 to prove their point.
$4 comics.
Eff them.

I’m done and hope everyone and their mother sees this.

4 Likes

I’ll show my mother to get the ball rolling.

2 Likes

Yup. They banned me for buying too many books before they could raise the price. They also overcharge for incentives or hot books in general.

1 Like

Was done with Golden Apple years ago. Rude customer service on damaged books. Never got a refund

3 Likes

I don’t even want to show the email string.
Yea - I was pissy with the opening email admittedly.

But pissy became fury as their customer service rep attempted to go toe-to-toe with me. How customer servicely of them.

Instead of deflating, they made sure they infuriated me. And they were successful. I give them credit there

1 Like

It amazes me if they get any repeat customers

1 Like