Golden Apple Comics

If you don’t buy them, then they are not overcharging. They’re just losing business.

But yes, they jump the gun raising prices on “hot” books even weeks before their release on their website. And don’t even look at what they ask for Marvel Foils pre FOC.

I’ve ordered from them in the past…years and years ago, but their prices, and shipping being ridiculous, and being across country…there are just so many better options out there.

2 Likes

They’ve always been overpriced even before the internet.

2 Likes

Stopped using them years ago too. Stingiest retailer, they never discount on anything

3 Likes

These were 2 comics I could not find with any other online retailer for a signing.
Both were $2.99 and with shipping total was around $14
So I willingly accepted what was the price; the condition and knew the risk for $14 was minimal.
I’m fine with what businesses charge because I have the option to buy or not buy.

What burns my @ss though is sending me a pile of sh&t and telling me the sh&t is the condition they listed it as with a form letter about 9.8’s. I didn’t complain about 9.8s. Then when I essentially said I don’t care the customer rep got nasty with me. I returned the favor. And then so did he.

I’m an easy going, business like guy when problems are handled appropriately. But don’t piss me off because I’ll go to the end of the world for $1 to ensure you are inconvenienced as far as I can take it.

It’s amazing how many shops remain open to this day.

3 Likes

I think 99% of the problem with comic shops is actually the distributer and publisher. The printing press was invented in ~1440 AD, but publishers still print damaged books. Package delivery has been around for over 100 years in the USA, but distributers and some shops still can’t figure out how to ship books without them getting damaged. Of course, their are scummy shops like Golden Apple Comics that will stick around because they still take care of their customer base or they rack up the debt.

1 Like