Great Cover Art

I like a good Akira homage and as a 90s kid I love me some Darkwing

6 Likes

SIKTC 31 FOC reveal cover just announced. Duke Ruan. This is one of the better open order covers in the series IMO.

2 Likes

No one does Good Girl Art like Hughes (even if the character is a bad girl)

Dark X-Men #1 Adam Hughes Variant

5 Likes

He’s in my top 5 but not number 1. I’d have to say Manara is possibly the GOAT.

2 Likes

I would disagree. I love Manara, but would not consider his style “good girl” I know the two styles usually break down to the subject of the art, but for me, the nudity (and not that I mind it) throws the difference between Good Girl and Bad Girl. For example, Frank Cho used to do a lot of nudity, bad girl art, but then switched up to “good girl” when he got married.

Fair point, Manara does tend more into the heavily erotic art so it is perhaps a bit too edgy to be Good Girl in many cases. Cho is skilled as well and has done raunchy and cleaner work. You win this round, Tony!

Cho worked under Budd Root. I love Budd Root women. That’s where Cho developed his style. Cho’s nudes are great but his good girl stuff is often clean and near perfect. I think Hughes style fits this category as well. I think Terry Dodson’s style is similar but doesn’t get enough credit.

5 Likes

The now famous Manara Spider-woman variant is one of the best ratio variants I have ever picked up, spec wise. Classic.

1 Like

I am not discounting Manara. I love his work, just saying it doesn’t fall int the Good Girl category.

Oh yeah, I get what you mean.

Gnorts Illustrated Swimsuit Edition #1 Adam Hughes!

3 Likes

Gnorts Illustrated Swimsuit Edition #1 (Cover C - Adam Hughes Card Stock Variant)

That’s a great cover.

1 Like

Indeed it is. Added

Someone will do a Virgin exclusive store variant I am sure. Too good of a cover.

1 Like

I like this one
 for fun:

Junk Rabbit #4 (of 5) (Cover B - Robinson)

Junk Rabbit #4 (of 5) (Cover B - Robinson)

1 Like

Gist variant for Ghost Rider #16

8 Likes

Are the chains spelling something?

It’s a skull

Battle Chasers #10 J Scott Campbell signed copies are up.