Great Cover Art

Fathom is Aspen though, right?

2 Likes

Fathom is Aspen

1 Like

Yes, Fathom is Aspen studios. Michael Turner who use to head up Aspen before he died worked for Top Cow beforehand.

1 Like

Turner was a great artist. Gone too soon.

1 Like

Way too soon

1 Like

Titanic Fans! It’s a foil as well

!:25 Tarr variant is also cool

4 Likes

The fathom books started out under Top Cow/Image.

What book is the poison ivy one?

update: found it

• POISON IVY UNCOVERED #1 (ONE SHOT) CVR D LESLEY LEIRIX LI FOIL VAR

Can I just say Bjorn Barends has some pretty amazing covers coming soon? I don’t want to be on the digital art bandwagon, but he makes it tough for me sometimes.

2 Likes

I think this Young cover is pretty darn cool.

12 Likes

I like it!

1 Like

i hear you on the digital art. i was holding back on buying new books but damn all his Venomverse covers are really cool not just character poses.

GR covers too, i hope this is a future classic
Screenshot 2023-05-26 at 10.58.40 AM

1 Like

I think Barends blends digital and traditional art

It looks like he uses 3d models for it. I do 3d stuff myself but I wouldn’t use them for variant covers cause they come off looking more like video game screenshots rather than art.

i don’t play video games but i can see what you’re saying
 Video games are also, in their own way, art. Damn those new Zelda games are beautiful. Barends seems to be the only guy in the industry doing it for comics. i don’t know
 granted it’s digital/3D modeling, you still have to separate yourself as an artist. Barends does that.

2 Likes

Not a title I’m getting these days, but this is a pretty strong A cover for Detective 1073.

4 Likes

Barrends is so 2022. Yawn.

1 Like

Hey, good stuff is always good regardless of the year. Jack Kirby stuff is still amazing to see decades later.

1 Like

I used to collect his early works, but stopped because I was getting bored. It was the same thing over and over again.

2 Likes

I have always been a fan of Captain Marvel’s Black Costume. Probably her best looks. So I was happy to see these covers.

Captain Marvel Dark Tempest #1 (of 5) Derrick Chew Captain M

Captain Marvel Dark Tempest #1 (of 5) (R1c0 Variant)

6 Likes