Great Cover Art

That WonderGirl cover is fire. Reminds me of a Black Panther cover.

From Reptilā€™s first series
Cover by Maria Wolf

1 Like

Iā€™m not a big Spawn guy, but I thought issue 1 was pretty solid, and the covers continue to impress.

2 Likes

Maybe cause Sean Lewis is doing most of the writing perhaps? McFarlane sucks at writingā€¦ needs to just stick to the toys or artā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

I have to agree. Theyā€™re bringing in great artists for their covers ngl. I saw one wraparound cover from Jock just this day

Great A cover for Timeless one-shot in December.

Kael Ngu

2 Likes

Browsing FOC books, came across this one. Love itā€¦

Phoenix Song Echo #3 (of 5) (Bachalo Variant)

1 Like

Cover of the week, probably at least brought up if Iā€™m having a cover of the year convo. This is so much fire.

Can a store do a virgin exclusive for this please?

Marvel has some of the absolute worst trade dress design in the game. So many indies, and even DC do this far better. But, Marvel trades more often than not detract from the cover art. Itā€™s as if there is zero coordination between trade and cover concept.

Dark Ages is an exception to this rule. But, this Echo cover is gorgeous, and the trade dress is an utter disaster. Another example is the upcoming book Timeless. STUNNING cover art, and the trade is so god awful.

2 Likes

It does kind of intrude into the negative space in a very annoying manner.

Task Force Z #1 (Cover E - 1:50 Kyle Hotz Arkham Knight Color Card Stock Variant)

2 Likes

I like the 1:100 foil variant

Yeah, that one is cool as well.

1 Like

The wordmark for Echo alone is a trainwreck. Then itā€™s paired with a totally different style wordmark for Phoenix Song, which on itā€™s own feels like it belongs on a Rush album from 1983. Itā€™s a junk drawer of elements that donā€™t belong together, and it just kills this great cover.

1 Like

Speaking of trainwrecks - I just watched the Roll The Bones video the other day. sheesh

Donā€™t worry Iā€™m sure some store cough unknown* will make a virgin out of that echo cover as a store exclusive

I donā€™t think that Echo is final dressing. Itā€™s too small. Iā€™m willing to bet they slapped in on there quickly for Previews but itā€™ll get a resized logo with proper Marvel rectangle block for issue number and such. Itā€™ll look much better for the final dressingā€¦

Kael is great, got a nice commission from him from the last convention.

Iā€™m not big on specā€™ing on Dynamite issues but I must say, these are pretty cool from Besch:

Nyx #1 (Cover B - Besch)

Nyx #1 (Cover N - Besch Premium Metal)

Nyx #1 (Cover M - Besch Ltd Virgin)

Nyx #1 (Cover M - Besch Ltd Virgin)

1 Like