Great Cover Art

Great cover tbh, but the price will drop in a year if I really want it. might pick up then

4 Likes

KRS had the covers too

That Frison is not great, don’t know what people are seeing in it. Maybe it’s the low print run, fomo or something :stuck_out_tongue:

Best cover for that issue is the Quah, that’s the only one I’d be going for and with 4 store exclusives it shouldn’t be too hard to pick up cheap down the line. Retailers trying to sell if for double ratio at the moment though and that is just stupid.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with you. I 100% love Frison’s talent and she is always extremely kind/generous with comic book visits and such, but I just don’t quite get the furor over her stuff at this point. That cover looks like every single other cover with the exception of some snakes on the head. I can fill a long box of her books and they all just sort of look identical. I realize that is her “style” but still.

To each their own of course! Hopefully those that wanted them got em.

1 Like

If you notice, there are certain artists that do seem to do the same cover over and over again, David Mack for example, Peach Momoko has been guilty of this as well. Frison is using a template for many of these covers it feels like. However, this one has boobs, so…

2 Likes

Let’s not forget Nakayama. … and that lovely extended neck. Ugh.

1 Like

There are definitely a lot of artists fighting (or succumbing to) self-tropes out there. A lot of the same faces and poses over and over and over again. It’s not always bad, but the more exposure to an artist you have, the more their strengths and weaknesses become noticeable.

2 Likes

DC VS Vampires World War V #1 CVR D HOMARE

5 Likes

I always liked this cover from a few years ago.

Dc Vs Vampires World War V #1 (Of 6) B Steve Beach Variant (08/14/2024) DC

4 Likes

ZATANNA BRING DOWN THE HOUSE #3 (OF 5) CVR C TULA LOTAY VAR

3 Likes

Always great art from Lotay.

1 Like

is the gwen part recycled?

Stanley doesn’t recycle covers, but his distinct art style can lead to similar looking stuff in some cases.

Spider-Gwen Ghost-Spider #2 F 1:50 Pablo Villalobos Virgin Variant

Spider-Gwen getting some mad booty!
75960620908800216_899afcd3-e0da-47a3-976f-ad88d09ff2a5

2 Likes

Profane #2 (of 5) Cvr D 20 Copy Incv Lotay

2 Likes

X-Men #1 D John Tyler Christopher Virgin Negative Space Variant

5 Likes

Good use of her hair in the composition. All that black on Marvel paper will make it relentlessly tough to pick up in mint condition, though.

1 Like

THIS is gonna be a geat JTC cover. I feel like they’ve been overdone at this point but this one hits ya right in the nostalgia

1 Like

I’ll probably pre-order 5 of these, to stash away for the long haul.

2 Likes