Gunslinger Spawn #7-Help

I’ve been reading in general since the time I was 3 or 4 or so. So I guess I could say the same thing as I’ve now been reading for 40 years… :wink:

I do agree with poyo that McFarlane writing is garbage. Unbelievably it’s world better than when he first started. I’m not going to begrudge anyone who likes Spawn, we all have different tastes.

That said I got to meet McFarlane a few years ago at FanExpo and he was super nice. The lineup for him stretched for hours and during his break would walk up to meet the fans near the middle and back of the lines to chat/ shake hands and signed autographs. His father/ family also came up to us to meet and greet us.

2 Likes

He also took the biggest risks, worked his ass off, and stuck to his dream. That’s what America is all about. Despite all the money he has made he still knows and tells his fans that he owes it all to them.

We should hope to be at least a little bit like Todd McFarlane.

3 Likes

Well, maybe in front of fans but he’s already self admitted he’s an ass hole. I would never go into business with the man. There’s a reason no one wants to make the next Spawn movie if that tells you anything.

Oh I’m not either. Buy what makes you happy. My opinion is just that, an opinion. Why people like @jayclu get so defensive (and jump down my throat every time I speak about it) on my opinion is beyond me. If you take it personally and you’re not even McFarlane himself, you got some other issues going on I think.

If you don’t like my critique of something or someone, then just move on, no reason to get all bent out of shape over it. I do it all the time online and in real life, just bite your lip and move on.

2 Likes

Everyone is getting so heated over Spawn? What a World.

2 Likes

Let’s start on J. Scott Campbell instead of McFarlane :rofl:

5 Likes

Late to the conversation, but I am a self admitted Campbell fan. I have met him a bunch of times and enjoy his art, is it the same thing over and over again? Sure, but I like it.

Instead of us being negative on art we don’t like, lets try being positive, be it McFarlane, Cates, Liefeld, or Campbell. Heck, I won’t touch a modern Mark Millar book, but you do not hear me complain about him. (and @Bill these comment aren’t directed at you so please do not feel that I am attacking you).

I just want this community to be a nicer, better place where all feel welcome and can like what they like.

3 Likes

If we’re gonna talk about cool artists let’s discuss Ashely Wood. Love his stuff.