Heroes Reborn 2021!

Marvel posted this a couple hours ago. Guess we’re getting a new version of our heroes. Wonder which ones. Is this Marvels future state?

2 Likes

House of ideas everyone

1 Like

This could be fun. COULD. Maybe as a mini-series. Don’t make it some mega-event.

Oh man I thought u were talking about Peter Petrelli and the rest of the gang.

I was so excited for a minute. :confused:

1 Like

Whats up with the weird typography ? Looks futuristic. Future characters ?

In 1996 Marvel did an ‘event’ known as Heroes Reborn. In the 1996 iteration, Marvel essentially ‘split up’ their 616 universe. XMen, Spidey, and a few others, stayed in the existing universe. While others such as Fantastic Four, Captain America, Iron Man, were put into their own ‘new’ universe. This was done by Marvel in coordination with the return of Jim Lee, Rob Liefeld, Whilce Portacio, and others, to the House of Ideas after they had defected a few years earlier to help start Image Comics.
We were recently discussing, here on CHU, one of the characters from this 1996 ‘Heroes Reborn’ event - Ricki Barnes.

4 Likes

Yeah, that is why I feel a mini-series revisiting this could be fun. Don’t try to make it take over everything like last time, though.

2 Likes

I am guessing the current Phoenix arc is gonna lead in to this somehow, just like how the Onslaught crossover led to its first iteration.

1 Like

that’s what I thought too, especially from the font

This crap…again… https://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-heroes-reborn-character-mashups/

The Dr. Doom and Juggernaut combo is admittedly kind of cool.

Yeah, looks pretty bad, imo. Smh. It appears as if the master of unoriginality, Danny Cotes, is in charge of this event.

2 Likes

Does nobody remember Infinity Warps…?..

2 Likes

I know, that wasn’t even that long ago.

Several of those teaser images look really bland… maybe rushed? I remember Pacheco being a better artist than this.

1 Like

After seeing those images I have zero interest in this. I enjoyed the Onslaught Arc which led to the original Heroes Reborn. Franklin Richards making a pocket universe to save the heroes who sacrificed themselves to save earth. The mutants remained because they only gave Onslaught more power. This thing should be called marvel mash ups.

I’m coping this.

1 Like

Absolutely no interest in this trash. Amalgam anyone?!

3 Likes

Are those the new power Rangers?

1 Like