Holiday shipping delays

Yup, same here. Media Mail has different routes and distribution centers. I guess there weren’t a lot of books on people’s wish lists this holiday season… :wink:

I have 3 packages from Midtown still at the post office since December 7th…havent moved since.

Anyone use paypal to buy postage directly? I’m trying that for the first time, and I keep getting this frustrating error no matter what I do or what options I try. I have a hard time believing their postage system would be down for this long (yesterday and today), so it seems like a local issue.

And, if you don’t use paypal, where else do you buy postage online outside of usps?

I buy postage from PayPal. What an odd error. Is there money in your PayPal account or are you using a credit card, by chance? I always pay postage out of my PayPal account itself and have heard of issues otherwise.

I’ll let ya know in a few. I did a direct sale and I planned on creating a label out of Paypal for it.

1 Like

I was able to print a USPS label from Paypal. It’s just you… sorry!

1 Like

I’ve had this paypal account for a LONG time, and I think it’s just jacked up. For example, I can’t delete an old address from 10 years ago because it says I have a credit card associated with it. But, there are no credit cards in the wallet section. Fun.

I used my wife’s account, and it worked fine. I think the only places to get media mail are ebay and paypal. Even usps won’t let you purchase it online.

Welp, this package still hasn’t moved. Wednesday is 30 days after the expected delivery date; sigh.

Yeah, you have to actually go to the counter. Even their automated 24/7 do it yourself teller doesn’t give you the option, doesn’t even give you option of First Class… despite it making you weigh it, which should allow first class if it meets weight requirements.

Well half of my packages are on the move again. The ones I sent out on the 15th are in transit arriving in the state of delivery. The other ones that I sent out on the 9th are still stuck.

1 Like

I’m caught up. My last lingering shipment has been delivered, so I think I’m back up to speed. Sent out 5 in the past week, and I think 2 have already been delivered.

1 Like

You all are all crazy… all my packages I shipped the Monday before Christmas have all been delivered, except one package and that one is in Maryland, which probably explains why @Anthony has seen so many issues with his… cause Maryland and those Marylanderers needs to get their shit together apparently… :wink:

Well…my priority mail, very expensive book is still moving lol. At least it has finally made its way to California. It has had a couple stops in CA now so hopefully it will get delivered soon. What a nightmare…5 weeks now. Still so thankful the buyer has been incredibly kind over the situation.

2 Likes

From a buying perspective, I also have a few items still MIA that I bought in November. Not high price items, but all the same. I’m patient and really don’t care. The only thing I don’t quite understand is the whole “marked for shipment/preshipment info sent to USPS, USPS awaiting item”?

For those, I don’t quite understand, if after 5 weeks, that is still the status, it would seem to be it either wasn’t actually shipped or it really was lost? Anyone else see that type of status and actually end up getting your items?

I can understand lost and delayed items, I just want to be sure items were in fact shipped.

In the recent past I’ve had several shipments from Texas show as just the label being created. No tracking progress or even showing as being received. Then they just showed up randomly. Those weren’t any longer than 1-2 weeks though.

It can also be an out for a seller if they don’t want to sell you the item at the price you got it for. I’ve had that happen several times as well. They then blame the post office when they never actually shipped the item.

1 Like

My order from Alberta made it to MA faster than my stuck order from TN.

Feels like the mail is the equivalent of trying to throw letters at the board to finish the mail-sorting mini game in Windwaker right now.

1 Like

I shipped a package the 29th that isn’t in motion. Sold it via a Facebook group. The buyer is being a pain and accusing me of not shipping. It was the, “Star Wars,” #7 with Luke Skywalker as a negative variant. They were the first to message me when I listed it so I sold it to them even though they needed 12 hours to get the funds to pay and like 10 other people messaged me ready to pay at that moment. It is taking forever for it to start moving. I was maybe a little curt when they messaged me their annoyance, explaining how they need to be patient, I was patiently waiting for them to pay, they’re lucky I sold it to them and not other folks, etc. They got pissed and said they’ll wait another week then want a refund. Maybe not my finest hour, but I get pissy when you question my honor if I’ve shipped stuff or not.

1 Like

I don’t do holds. The people that ask you to hold for them are going to be the most needy aggravating customer. If you don’t have enough money to buy comics then why are you shopping? Sometimes I window shop, save the item and when I can afford it come back to it. Holds are for losers!

1 Like

Actually had a guy ask me to hold a book for 1 month. It was a batgirl 9 cgc 9.6. I actually held it for him for a month. A month! And 2 days after the month I messaged him asking if he was still going to buy the book I held for him he just gave some crap excuse about his car needing a part. I bet he doesn’t even have a car.

1 Like

If it’s showing as being received by the post office they have no complaints with you. You did your part and it’s in the postal service’s hands. I applaud your curtness.