House Of Slaughter #1

Exclusives with cover art that isn’t revealed yet

For the most part that’s true but there’s several issues in Invincible, Spawn, Walking Dead, TMNT etc…that do pretty well. It’s the ones that world build over time (which doesn’t happen in most Indy titles).

The other key is if a show ever becomes successful (like TWD and Invincible) those popular secondary characters first apps do become a thing.

Siktc has the potential for that down the road with the different Slaughters.

Right and a lot of them already showed up in SIKTC, so this one just doesn’t work for me. Just my personal opinion on the title and I’m a guy that grabbed 25 book bundles of Nice House, Basilisk, Dark Blood, etc… so I spec on Indy books like a mad man.

This is a book that will be under cover price for years and has incentives you will be able to buy for half of ratio or less for years as well.

I think this one of the worst specs of the entire year, only behind King Spawn. Back issue bin fodder. I’ll be scooping copies out of bins 5 years from now.

1 Like

2nd print could be a winner as 1st print will be on the shelves when it comes up for order (assuming Boom keeps being Boom). 1st print will be everywhere, no spec.

2 Likes

only after they allocated them like they did to bzrkr
wait for 5 th printing or higher

1 Like

Does this even have first appearances?

1 Like

Man. Full on panic ensuing here with this issue. So many retailers are now selling these without revealing the cover out of fear of being stuck with a stack of these once there are a billion covers. I really don’t love this tactic. Yuck.

7 Likes

I saw that on IG forgot the store. Buy now wait for the cover reveal… wtf? No thanks. 25 store variants that’s already 100k print run in variants. Book gonna do numbers. 250k-300k I’ll assume.

4 Likes

Cover A here lol

1:1000

Going to be some dissatisfied customers with large preorders

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m a big fan of Dell’Otto but this is not up to his usual standard IMO

1 Like

Its better than the other one with Erica that was shown but still meh. I think I only got up to the 1:50

I never pay over cover price if the cover art is not revealed. It’d be like buying a house without ever seeing it… nope, nope, nope…

6 Likes

:-1: :-1:

Without the ‘Slaughter’ mask, its not impressive even for a 1:25.

1 Like

The pose and framing of the charcter are also weak. Not worth 1000 incv.

NOTE: Cover C will ship with a “Secret Blood Red Foil” intermixed approximately 1 copy in every 10 copies. Intermixed quantities are not guaranteed.

What’s an “intermix” variant?

What’s t difference between A and C covers?

House of Slaughter #1 (Cover A - Shehan)

House of Slaughter #1 (Cover C - Shehan Foil Intermix Variant)

If you order the “C” are you actually getting the foil cover? Or just a 1:10 shot?

Been wondering this too. Maybe 9 out of 10 are the purple cover, just in foil?

My understanding from what Boom has said is that Cover C is the foil cover of Cover A, and there is an at random 1:10 (approx) chance for any ordered copy to be the red blood foil version instead.

So for our specific cover c I think you’d be getting the regular foil variant and some people will get the blood red one depending on luck.

2 Likes