How does DC revive itself?

DC New 52 was good all around. Then they reboot the stories like it never happened. That was when I stopped buying DC.

2 Likes

I do read a ton of DC books, all their horror titles and some of the Black Label titles.

That was the point of the Death Metal event. To make all the stories matter.

I don’t believe DC is putting out bad product. Not every title is perfect, and there are too many titles and far too much reliance on Batman. Where the spec falls down is in not having their sh*t together on the streaming/movie side of the house. Marvel has just as many “meh” movies and TV series, but the overarching connectivity of it all still excites people. Until Warner can get millions of casuals excited about DC as a brand and a universe, it’s going to keep looking unfavorable in comparison to the MCU for spec.

1 Like

Only Michael Keaton can save DC at this point!

1 Like

This.

The comics aren’t bad at all. People just too focused on the TV/Film for flipping to care about the stories within.

Buy what you love ans you’ll never get burned.

I stopped at issue 1 cuz I got board. Should of finished it. Sorry

1 Like

No harm no foul. Check out issue 4 (I think) for more info on it.

Issue 4 lays the ground work for the plan. Basically they’re using Carter Hall’s journal to undo the previous crises and restore everyone’s memories of what has previously transpired.

Carter Hall aka Hawkman is a character who has a very complex history. Maybe the most complex in comics save for Kang the Conqueror. He is reborn again and again, but keeps a journal and through that journal history of previous iterations of the DCU can be remembered.

Later on issue 6 Wonder Woman becomes the Avatar of Truth (basically, the plan was to use Carter Hall’s journal to create a machine that would undo the crises. That plan failed and Wonder Woman ended up melting down her Lasso of Truth and Invisible Jet to become the “machine” herself.) As she does this, she can feel the Earths uniting :earth_americas: :earth_asia: :earth_africa: :earth_americas: :earth_asia: .

Eventually she goes toe to toe with The Batman Who Laughs and kicks his butt.