I Like What I Got! (Foreign)

Foreign variants with the J Scott Campbell art to Black Widow 6 Kiss or Kill. Avengers 28 La Mole Mexican variant limited to 1000 and Avengers 36 German virgin limited to 333.

8 Likes

Oh I like that

1 Like

I love this thread! I’ve picked up a lot of modern Star Wars, Marvel and a few DC foreign editions within the last year.

None are older than 2008 if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

There are a lot of guys out there chasing the silver age foreigns, etc. but I have really enjoyed getting the moderns like the Turkish Star Wars and some of the DC La Mole variants. I’ll never justify the money for the Adam Hughes Supergirl 23, but I picked up the Mexican variant for $60.

1 Like

I picked up a lot of modern foreign comics with the same cover as the U.S. edition at 10-20% of the cost. I bought (5) copies of the German Darth Vader #3 (1st Aphra) at $35 ea.

1. Glossy cover
  2. MUCH more durable paper used for these comics compared to the cookie sheets U.S. Marvel uses
  3. Contains (2) issues (this one had DV 3 and 4)
  4. Has a centerfold poster of both covers

Now, can I read it? Nope, don’t speak or read German but that’s what Marvel Unlimited is for!!! Read online, protect the floppy.

I’ve picked up a ton of early Ahsoka digests, French Heir to the Empire hardcover #1’s (there is actually a variant for this that has C’Baoth on the cover instead of Thrawn), early Rebels (LaMole, German), Darth Maul 1st (German), Cad Bane (German) and so many more.

2 Likes

Love foreign comics. For me they’re good ways of getting some crazy books at much cheaper prices/
Spider-Man 17 German edition, limited to 333 featuring the iconic Jeehyung Lee artwork for Spider-Gwen

Spider-Man special from Italy featuring that Gabrielle Dell’Otto artwork

Some reprints from Italy, the asm 361 and 266 both have 3 issues in them

Giant Size X-Men reprint from Italy, it also came with big metal plate of the artwork

Spawn Dengenki featuring a thicker trade of Angela’s first appearance and solo issues. I do have a german curse of Spawn but its all black and embossed so its pretty much impossible to get a good look at the artwork

4 Likes

Those are fantastic!

I own the Spider-Man 17 also but none of the others. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Spider-Man 34 Panini Germany limited to 333. Humberto Ramos cover art from ASM 4 1:10.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Some Panini Germany Star Wars got dropped off today.

5 Likes

4 Likes

@Braainz: You are adding some great comics! I love those Star Wars editions as they have (2) issues and a ‘flip’ centerfold poster of both covers. People do not know what they’re missing with these as pure collectibles.

I think we might buy these from the same eBay seller :joy:

1 Like

no secret - I’ve picked up from blu-box. It only makes sense if you’re going to buy a bunch of issues at once and average the shipping costs down.

1 Like

I buy from blu-box too… :grinning:

5 Likes

Daaaaamn!

1 Like

My first foreign grab, wanted to match up the original art with the original release

6 Likes

Comic shop near me just bought a collection.
He had this for $3; and know zero about it but for $3 I figured wth.
Getting information (i.e. value) on some of these foreign editions is darn near impossible.

6 Likes

Tres Bon!

1 Like

Finally got my Buru Lan Dracula #1. I love this cover, looks like a dream. Enrique Torres was a master!

6 Likes