I Like What I'm Reading (not spec'ing, but like actually reading)!

“Old Dog,” is written and illustrated by Declan Shalvey. I liked it. Gonna work on a blog post about it.

2 Likes

I read an advance preview of Kroma #1. Damn its a good book. Cannot wait for this one.

1 Like

Finally getting caught up on Sword of Azrael and so far it is really good.

Zdarsky is KILLING IT with his Batman run so far! Throwbacks to Tower of Babel and Batman R.I.P. make it even more enjoyable. Absolutely love it! @ein Aquaman is involved so clear the decks!

Dark Knights of Steel is also pretty good and this weeks ending TOTALLY caught me off guard.

2 Likes

Just finished reading Naomi Season 2. Her powers have been amped and the series was pretty solid. She could become a real DC powerhouse!

Anyone read Behold, Behemoth? It’s weird, and a bit confusing, but intriguing. However, the most interesting thing was that there was not 1 inch of space dedicated to ads/promos. It was literally the story from outside cover to outside cover. So pleasant.

1 Like

they are saving the ads for 2nd printing

That would be funny if it were just wall-to-wall ads.

EBay listings to read: RARE HTF ALL-ADS VARIANT!

That’s a lot of smaller indie books. No to little ads in them.

I read and loved the latest comic by the talented Charles Forsman. It is an official comic-book sequel to an obscure 1980’s movie. “New York Ninja Super Special,” is its name. I made a post about it on the ol’ blog…

2 Likes

I loved the movie and had that on my picks of the week last week.

Awesome thing about the movie is that it was never really finished. They pieced it together based on what was shot. Added a new sound track and released the video

1 Like

I think I missed you had it. I do get alerts again when you post, I think?

anybody else really impressed by the writing on the obi wan limited series? any recommendations for cantwell’s other works?

I hear that Iron Man is really solid, but I haven’t read it. I have too much to read and very limited time between work and family.

1 Like

The current, “Iron Man,” run has been good. I’m a bit behind on it, but liked what I’ve read.

1 Like

Batman fans: it’s the time of year when I compile a list of trades I’d like, and my wife passes that around to family that wants to get me a gift. I want to read Batman Who Laughs, but I haven’t read ANY of that. So, do I have to read Dark Nights Metal, Dark Nights Heavy Metal, Dark Nights Extra Super Heavy Metal, etc., first?

1 Like

It isn’t easential. The Batman Who Laughs mini series gives a quick run down of how he came to be and then the story takes off.

1 Like

new crypt of shadows anthology was mostly meh for me but adam warren’s entry, “Endless Slaughter in the Infinite Swamp,” was one of my favorite things of the year. both art and story were crazy and awesome.

1 Like