I Like What I'm Reading (not spec'ing, but like actually reading)!

They really look nice. I’m happy that they use markers/pens that stand out on the covers. props to @Anthony

I have sold two of the regular signed pen and inks for $30 on Mercari. I ended up buying 3 more. Have a ton of watchers on eBay and Mercari for them.

Kept one of each pen and ink signed for me. I have already gotten money back plus profit on them

1 Like

When you get something and make a profit on extra stuff of it that’s a definite win!

Issue 5 of W0rldtr33 came out today, and wow. This series is really good. Hyper violent with almost constant nudity. If you need more ( :slight_smile: ), the story is unique and very compelling.

Sadly, they are following the Tynion model of five issues on, then 3 months off. So, it’s now off for a bit, but it has a heck of a good cliffhanger.

Did I mention constant nudity?

3 Likes

Ughhhhh, I’d almost rather a book come out every two months than follow the model of a bunch of issues, stop for a big chunk of time, and so forth.

1 Like

Werewolf By Night 1 came out today, and it’s a good read. Maybe the lighter side of Marvel horror, but the art is fantastic. This book absolutely should be an on-going. I tried to read WWBN vol 3 from a couple years ago, and it was pretty terrible across the board. This is so much better.

And I just picked up Kill Your Darlings 1. Also, a bit younger in audience, but man, Image just has such a stronger product generally than the big two. Great paper. Strong artwork. Great story and pacing.

2 Likes

I mentioned this on FOC. Received it today. Absolutely gorgeous book. Nearly 400 pages. Great art.
Faithful adaptation as well.
One of my all time favorite books and they did it justice.

5 Likes

I just read the first issue of Wolverine vs. Predator. I liked it, looks like it might turn out to be pretty good.

1 Like

I really enjoyed it except for Greg Land’s art.

2 Likes

If you haven’t picked it up yet, and are a fan of Something is Killing the Children, check out Harriet Tubman Demon Slayer. Good series so far. Think SIKTC set in slave states, historical fiction is a genre I love. The creative team is good, the art and story are both solid. The second issue features a cover by FLOPS who has a following, and this being a small book from Massive, could be worth grabbing for the cover alone.

Harriet Tubman Demon Slayer

Fromt the solicitation:

Django Unchained meets Buffy The Vampire Slayer in David Crownson’s Harriet Tubman : Demon Slayer, a supernatural comic series based on the true life of the freedom fighter herself that is flavored with genre liberties in the spirit of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Soon to be an original series on Disney+! When slave owners can’t stop the formidable ninja warrior Harriet Tubman, they call on the help of Vampires, Werewolves, Witches, and Demons to stop her.

Ok, well after reading the solicitation, I guess I am speccing on this one now too.

4 Likes

I know it’s been out for months now, but I’m really enjoying Something Epic. It’s been a good read for the first six issues and the seventh is the end the first arc. I do wonder what it becomes beyond issue seven. I also picked up Blood Commandment last Wednesday and have hope it will be really good as well since they are both from Szymon Kudranski.

1 Like

I’m becoming a massive Tom King fan. Human Target was maybe the best series I’ve read. Loved The Vision. Just finished Strange Adventures, and it was great. Batman: One Bad Day Riddler was fantastic. Up next for me is Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow.

But, what other King series would you recommend? I prefer self-contained stories like those listed above.

Is Danger Street good? I think I read issue 1, but left it at that.

1 Like

I’d actually recommend his novel. I enjoyed it immensely and it was actually my introduction to Tom King.

1 Like

Mister Miracle with Mitch Gerads

2 Likes

Gotham City Year One is a must. Extremely underrated and one of the best books that released from DC that year.

The first two issues of, “Justice League Vs Godzilla Vs Kong,” are a lot of fun. I just put up a blog post singing some praises!

3 Likes

I was just about to mention this series, so far so good.

2 Likes

Just read Cover from Bendis and Mack. Small scope story about a comic creator turned reluctant spy. Great story and standard (amazing) art from Mack. I know this got briefly hot a year or two ago with some option news. Cooled down to cover price now. But, good stuff!

1 Like

Anyone read Beneath the trees 2 yet? Haha another great issue. Some hints on who the suspect could be. My guess is Charlie from the hardware store. His business has picked up ever since the murder as the whole town is afraid.

Anyone reading Tynion’s new Dracula series? Martin Simmons’ artwork is the hero here. He’s so damn perfect for this title. Highly recommended if you are a fan of the classic monster stories.

1 Like