I Like What I'm Reading (not spec'ing, but like actually reading)!

TY! I bet my wife would enjoy the read as well.

As long as she doesn’t dislike female nudity. Top and bottom. (All shaved) she will like it.

Young Holly was smoking hot.

Not the best picture but she is almost 60.

Department of Truth #4 was suuuuper aggressive this week in both directly and indirectly hitting current events/conspiracy theories. But it wasn’t heavy-handed, in that it specifically served the purpose to move the story along. I thought it was a fascinating read (and also sadly reminiscent of recent conversations I’ve had =/). I’m so glad I’m pulling this book.

2 Likes

I dug issues #1 and #2. I need to catch-up.

1 Like

Issue 3 was awesome. Looking forward to reading 4 today!

1 Like

I’m all caught up. With the fourth issue the overall plot seems to be emerging. I wasn’t sure if the comic would simply follow the characters as they solve mysteries, or be about our main character trying to track down the creepy man from his memories. However, the “Real,” story is clear now.

Someone known only as, “The black hat,” wants to expose the existence of the Department of Truth and they don’t want. They will use any means needed to stay a secret.

I find this interesting. I wonder if eventually they will be exposed and it’ll cause mayhem? Perhaps when the book nears its end in however many issues (this is an ongoing I believe, so it could go for awhile).

1 Like

The, “Doctor Doom,” ongoing that was canceled with issue #10 ends quite impressively. It drives home how terrible this version of Doctor Doom is in the 616. He basically meets a version of himself from another universe that repented and fixed everything. It is a wonderful World of peace with Doom helping lead it as humbly as possible. He’s a wonderful and happy man. The regular Doom kills him and destroys that Universe. Damn. Just damn.

1 Like

That book was really good. Im going to miss it.

1 Like

I just started reading the current Daredevil series and it’s great so far.

2 Likes

I just read the first issue of Frank at home on the Farm. WOW!!! I can’t wait to read the rest. It was great.

2 Likes

I have been putting together a run of New 52 Batman and have been reading as I go. It is unreal how good that it is.

2 Likes

I read, “Frank at Home on the Farm,” too and it was weird and creepy. I’m curious where it is going.

1 Like

I know, “Black Hammer,” speculation has cooled, but all the comics relating to it have been rad. The Colonel Weird one, Barbalien’s has been good, and the Skulldigger one that’s wrapping up was snazzy.

2 Likes

Yes, everything Black Hammer is great.

2 Likes

Any Black Hammer books are top 3 for me each month. Even the spin-offs. Very entertaining books from Lemire.

1 Like

I really like Grendel, Kentucky. Fun book. I’ve been very impressed with the majority of the AWA Upshot books.

1 Like

“The Picture of Everything Else,” was a fantastic read. I just made a blog post singing its praises…

4 Likes

Sweet!! My copy was delayed when TFAW had their inbound shipment from Diamond delayed, but I am super excited to get it in.

1 Like

I havent liked many of Dan Watters books, but that and his new Image book are pretty good, at least for 1 issue.