I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

You’re wife likes comics?! Or at least liked them in the past! That’s like a Golden Unicorn. One of my ex’s used to complain if I spent any money on comics. She’d alway say don’t you have better things to spend money on. I told her I could start smoking crack if she liked.

2 Likes

Or ancient mammogram? I think the ladies could relate but we’ve only got one female who posts regular.

Any covers with any sexual double entendres usually are good sellers. That’s the extent of my knowledge on the subject of Archies. Do we have a “Drunk Jughead” Archie expert?

1 Like

Drunk Jughead? Sounds like he’d eat even MORE junk food!

1 Like

Yeah we have a Drunk Wooky. Star Wars expert. We need an Archie expert too.

Archie is easy…any glimpse of a bikini, skin, skimpy clothing, tight sweaters, in addition to anything that can be remotely taken as sexual or drug related even by the furthest stretch of imagination or the dirtiest of minds is worth buying.

1 Like

I think we all have little niches we are experts in. You’re a newsprint pro. @Alana predicts hot stuff weeks to months in advance, and so forth. Not sure what I’m an expert at, maybe being America’s sweetheart?

2 Likes

The characters first appearances do well to it’s not all innuendo and bikinis.:joy:

2 Likes

Picked this up for $2 at a garage sale Saturday. I have several Stan Lee signatures and this one looks REALLY close. I don’t know why someone would have that good a forgery on a worthless comic, so thinking it’s real. No way to prove it, however…

6 Likes

Could send it to cbcs for signature verification

4 Likes

Looks real to me

2 Likes

Hmmm…My name is Rob (Bob).

Looks legit. Back when he was alive and before the MCU it was pretty cheap and easy to get a Stan Lee autograph so he signed a TON of stuff. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is real.

3 Likes

For decades his autograph was free.

2 Likes

This is a reason I’ll never pay a premium or anything for Stan Lee’s autograph. He signed any and everything… there’s probably more Stan Lee autographs in the universe than there are suns and planets in all the known galaxies…

2 Likes

1st 27 volumes of Marvel Masterworks Hardcovers - all signed by Stan for free here.
No Verification, No witnessing (except my buddy), no COA.
But I’m happy - I know they’re as real as real can be.
I carried those freaking lead weight hardcovers with me and my arms still hurt from the early 90s :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah, Bob probably went to an event he was signing for free and just had the one marvel comic.

I did that with Adam West. Just grabbed the most recent Batman comic I had and signed for free. Great memory though. Not putting it in a garage sale!

It’s okay, you can call him Bob since it says… “To Bob”… :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve been looking for a decent Sandman #1 for a while. Finally got one. And, the X-men 164 is just an all-time favorite cover of mine. A few others from this weekend.

6 Likes

pickups from a small local con over the weekend. there were about 50 tables, turnout was pretty good and they had some fun guests so hopefully they’ll keep doing it. and hopefully we can get a new category going for “I like what you got! (Conventions)” sooner rather than later!

2 Likes