I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

I do love the Adam Hughes Princess Leia cover on the Classic Star Wars. I have that one too

3 Likes

Big Flea market sale in my area.
Comics were $1, trades $5, and I paid $10 for the vintage Star Wars inserts which was a great deal. The 1977 first issue insert sell for 2/3x that alone.
Snagged some other filler comics as well.

The thing I love about comic collecting as even in the most mundane collections or assortments that sellers think are void of value, with due diligence and knowledge, you can almost always find something!

4 Likes

These 3 (Yard, Goodwill, Thrift) are the final frontier remaining for getting not just deals, but steals

Problem is everyone is knowing this in the last 2 - 3 years (in particular) and it has gotten so cutthroat out there. People arriving hours before to be “first”.

1 Like

There is a used store in Baltimore that sells comics, toys, records, VHS and more. Fist fights have happened multiple times in the store.

1 Like

Went to a small toy show that has some comics (not at big as the ToyMan one I always love frequenting, but it was still cool). I had a vendor pass as I’m chums with one of the vendors I see at other shows I cover as press for the blog. One guy selling mainly video-games had some cool spidey stuff he was setting out as the vendors got situated. As I was looking at what he’d started taking out (I got permission from him to browse his wares as he set up) he said, “If you like those, check this one out,” then he pulled out a, “Ultimate Fallout,” #4. First printing, arguably 8.0 VF due to some spine tics but still pretty clean.

I asked him what he’d be wanting for it and he told me, “$250.” I was a bit surprised and told him that was, “An amazingly good price,” before I jokingly asked what was wrong with it. He said there was no problem, he just wanted to price it to move and he was happy to do it that low as he got it back in 2011 for retail at the comic shop. Plus, he didn’t do comics as much as toys and video-games but loved anything Spider-Man, hence his assortment of older and newer Spidey stuff with Peter Parker and Miles Morales. I immediately paid him and he said he was happy to get it sold as he’d paid for his table and made a profit before he was even done setting up. I’m quite pleased.

9 Likes

Wow. That’s a pretty cool deal.

1 Like

It worked out well!

$1.50 each at the monthly antique fair (except the jimmy olsen and outlaw kid, those were $5 each).

2 Likes

They had over 100 SW DH comics at the local goodwill but none were bagged and boarded.
All priced $2.29 each
I passed but they had

Legacy 1-45?
Knights of Old Republic (3 different arcs)
They had Dark Times 1-??

Lots more…

1 Like

I have been trying to get a Rom #1 again.

2 Likes

Found these at a thrift store. All Appear to be NM or better. Acquired for half sticker price shown. 3 copies of Silk 6.

4 Likes

Always enjoyed Sectaurs

I think Sectaurs 1, when it came out, was my first multi-comic purchase thinking it would be money down the line some day. Pretty sure I still have them in a box somewhere.

1 Like

Hit up a spring convention today and damn, was it a fun hunt. Found great books for super cheap. Most were 50% off cover/sticker or more. Most I spent was $3.50 for the Gwenpool 2nd print. I went in hoping to find a deal or two. Feel like I got 20. Bought 43 books and spent $79. This might have been my best deal hunting yet.

14 Likes

Another great find. Pays to keep an eye on Facebook marketplace. 24 Moon Knight books for $30. A few duplicates to sell.

10 Likes

Great find

$2 each at an antique store

9 Likes

Nice finds!

3 Likes

Some nice dollars finds at my local thrift store. Slowly trying to collect most modern ASM, so this helped. Especially the 2nd print #654 :fire:

6 Likes

$2 for that Sentry is amazing! Looks to be in amazing condition!

1 Like