I like what you got! (Goodwills, Thrift Stores, Yard Sales, ETC Finds)

Every Friday I go Goodwill (I call it the GOODIE Hunting)
I didn’t go this past Friday, I went Thursday Night.

See… I had a personal bad day at work, and I didn’t want to bring anger home, so I stopped at a goodie so I could GET OVER IT…

JACK POT! This is what I found!

6 Likes

The past couple of months it’s bad days at work at least once a week or more. Nice find.

1 Like

This thread will become huge starting spring of 2022 when folks are looking for Cash sales only.
I know it will certainly be my <cough 1099> preference

3 Likes

I am waiting for eBay and the IRS let us know how they are going to address this. It will certainly effect people buying and selling habits. Which could be good and bad. I am not collecting and investing as much these days. Just going to sell off most of my comic hoard over the next few years and keep the better stuff.

3 Likes

Ditto.
And for the privilege of going to an accountant for however much, I have the honor of being told that everything I’ve bought in the last 30+ years is bulk inventory. Thanks Uncle Sam. Real nice. You know I don’t have records from 1987, but you’re going to screw me over? I don’t think so bud.

You bought them for “cover price”… right? If you didn’t, you’re not buying in the spirit of… “buy low, sell high” :wink:

1 Like

Bought a little mini collection today on FB marketplace. 49 books. Some early 90s stuff. Paid $40, mostly for these 6 books. Dig that newsstand x-men 4!

Also included:

8 Likes

Hit up Fallcon in St. Paul today. Found some fun things for good prices.

$2 each for Avengers Academy. Same for Hulk (first Talos cover)

Surprised to see Venom Lethal Protector for $17 for both #4 and #5. The vendor down the hall had these on the wall for $70.

I just never see this Suicide Squad (First Liveshot) or FS Wonder Woman #1 Frison in the wild. And, I just dig Umbrella Academy books.

7 Likes

JACK POT!

WE EATin’ GOOD TONIGHT

I haven’t been really looking for stuff.

I did find a lot of 38 Goosebumps (#1-43, with 5 books missing)

I seen some lots get pricey. Didn’t realize what a score I really had until I had 3 offers for these books while I was in line to pay for them (At Goodwill)

I told them to buy them off my ebay at the start of the New Year.

Lol

YEAH!!

5 Likes

Ha, Disney ordering a live rendition of the Goosebumps for TV. lol

2 Likes

Did some dollar bin diving and had better luck than I normally have. Most are in the VF+ ballpark. Wolverine 27 is more like a F-VF. Avengers 232 is really beat up, with a 4" rip in the cover, but for a buck, okay.

2 Likes

Nice finds all around. I don’t ever see shit out there. Either I’m not digging hard enough or others are beating me to the punch. Jealous of those Avengers Academy.

Picked up my wife’s ancient collection of Archie books from the late 80s. Most are in rough shape, but not all. A couple 10, 12, 15 cent books.

I know zip about Archie comics. Even less about the digests. Anyone know anything about these?

The horror fan in me digs this one:

1 Like

CBSI has some interesting articles on Archie and related books.

Honestly, I buy or look for any Archie cover/book with swimsuits, skin showing, innuendos, or what they refer to as “headlight” covers (breasts)

I’m not trying to be sexist or rude either. It’s just pretty much a given that any of the above books are going to be good sellers and have value.

2 Likes

Your goodwills/thrifts/yards sales have DOLLAR BINS?!?!?
WTF

This will be a new normal for 2022 and beyond.

1 Like

I debated whether to post that in this topic or not. It’s actually a store that deals vintage toys and pop culture stuff, and a guy consigns comics through them from time to time.

None of the proper LCS around here actually do dollar bins.

1 Like

Golden Age comic press…

3 Likes