I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

False.

There are people who care about the story, characters, universe, etc. Those people buy to collect or buy for a good read.

Flippers care about the flavor of the week. Flippers use what us trending, and Marvel is trending with MCU & D+. DC is building a connecting film/TV universe and with Discovery / HBO at the helm I have high hopes. We are already seeing signs of the Batgirl and Flash movies sharing a continuity. The Green Lantern show will likely fit in as well. Suddenly people will “care” about DC again.

1 Like

Everything in DC films has already been connected in continuity through the multi part Flash specials on TV they had Flash from the movie with Flash from Tv with Flash from 90s TV, also the Titans appeared. That’s what was so great about the small cameo in Peacemaker DC really does a superb job and making everything matter and through the Flash on film and TV they’ve been able to connect all their media to a verse.

1 Like

The difference is that Marvel has had very few duds, where DC has been littered with them. Until they consistently get better stories in a shared universe, the flippers wont care.

1 Like

Yes, and FINALLY the suits at ATT / WB are getting out of the way and letting Creators create. Discovery is an entertainment company and knows how to entertain.

For years the suits in the boardroom thought they knew better than the Creators. They thought that they didn’t need to give the fans what they want. The executives of a phone company didn’t/don’t know anything about the entertainment industry. It was the equivalent of someone with a degree in Feminist Dance Therapy running an oil rig. Stupid.

They need to clone James Gunn 5 times. That dude gets it,

2 Likes

Went by a LCS I’ve never been too. It was great. Lots of older stock. Didn’t have much time to dig but hope to go back to spend some time there. Picked up a few things I’ve been wanting.

Black Panther 3 Jusko was behind the counter. Asked how much. Said $20 but he’d let me have it for $10. Sold.

3 Likes

Made a trip to a gaming store I try to hit for newer books that get hype as there is little interest at the place for comics. Being a bit of a hypocrite as I really am trying to avoid excess new book purchases, and stated as such, but…given they were all for cover. I’ll take the hypocrite hit!

6 Likes

more bronze age beauties from my lcs. the gsmt #1 is a solid mid-grade copy but the rom 1 is a 9-something. so far the list of glossy, nm-range bronze age #1’s from my lcs includes champions, devil dinosaur, eternals, howard the duck, kull the conqueror, ms marvel, omega the unknown, red sonja, rom, and hopefully more.

2 Likes

Couple £2-3 books

5 Likes

I’m sure most have visited stores that have the used game consoles, used games, used this, used that, and the store employee who is more interested in playing cards with friends in the store.
Well… visited one of those stores this morning and got these for $1 apiece. Yes, $1 apiece.

Bought a bunch more that I haven’t shown because I think they’re somewhat pricey, but I actually don’t know if they are for sure… checking now. When books are $1 apiece you buy 1st and ask questions later :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Good grief, this might be the biggest steal I’ve ever seen.

2 Likes

The 300 is in “meh” shape. But I’ve had them low grade before and they always go… and go quickly.

1 Like

@Bill I’m in need of Cap 6 cover A for my PC. IF you’re looking to sell I’d love a shot at it.

Oofa! I’m sorry. that one, the squirrel girl and 1 of the wonder twins are the 3 I’m retaining. I have a cover b; but no cover A until today

1 Like

Rand conversion? Or are you no longer in SA?

Not in SA anymore, moved to the UK so have to find some new honey holes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same here. Cover B and no cover A.

1 Like

Just a personal preference but Giant Size Man-Thing should always be typed out in full. It provides me with a laugh as I’m reading and I’m easily amused. Lol.

1 Like

Are they really that much different than us? I should visit there site because it’s another tool. However I really like the people here and on the cgc forums.

1 Like

agreed. the title of that book is literally the only reason it was on my want list.

2 Likes