I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

Nothing too crazy, but all at cover price and all near mint…

6 Likes

Few more finds today.

Another Spectacular Spider-Man 244 Newsie.

1 Like

a shop in sf called amazing fantasy has “solved” the problem by placing signs above the back issue bins saying they reserve the right to reprice any comic.
i went in there (for the last time), saw the signs and thought it a bit weird, but proceeded to pull out a star wars (2015) #20 priced at $4 and when i brought it up to pay the guy told me to “hold on” and then pulled out his phone and started scrolling. hold on? can i buy this or not? not sure why i stood there waiting instead of leaving immediately but finally he says no this book is actually $16. when i protested he tried explaining how people come in and buy hot books and then resell them. um, yeah. they do. “so what am i supposed to do?” he asked. maybe know the inventory in your own gd store and price things properly?

4 Likes

Yup. I hate that BS. Vote with your wallet. Let him know that you will just take your business elsewhere.

3 Likes

If we wanted to buy at eBay prices, we’d buy on eBay. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

:point_up::point_up::point_up: Thats exactly what you tell those owners as you walk out of their shop.

1 Like

Find a ton of books you know aren’t worth a damn and take them up to the counter. Let him get half way through the stack and then say, never mind and walk out.

4 Likes

I can guarantee if the price came up lower on eBay they wouldn’t lower the price for you.

4 Likes

hahahaha oh man that’s good. if only i were that petty. wait, i am that petty.

“i dunno. disgruntled goat had his moments.”

1 Like

i love 1st battle issues and 1st crossovers! though most of them at this point are pricey.
the very thing that got me back into comics was stumbling on a website called spiderfan.org ten years ago, going down a rabbit hole reading about spiderman, and then deciding it’d be cool to collect all the 1st spidey crossovers (xmen 35, avengers 11, etc). and now here i am, many thousands of dollars later, chattin it up with a bunch of nerds :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 Like

is this one of the first selfie covers? ms marvel #7 came out a few months before batgirl 35 but does anyone know if there are earlier selfie covers?

My only purchases this past Wednesday.
New Avengers #1 (2nd Print) - Illumnati #1 ($5)
GI Joe Saturday Morning 1:10 Ratio, ($10)

My comic shop was doing a promotion this week… so I jumped up on some DC Titles while I could…

Legends of the Dark Knight #8 (Cover price each)
No one is talking about the new character in this book that will be a member of the Birds of Prey.
Better grab’m now… I’m telling you

Robins #4 (Cover Price)
I’m a Bartel fan…

That was all for me this past week. NExt week is a HEAVY week for me…

2 Likes

No one is talking about the new character in this book that will be a member of the Birds of Prey.

They, CBSI, constitute as ‘nobody’.:100:

2 Likes

Found these cheap yesterday and was happy.
The Mystic Arcana Guide is really cool. I’d never seen it. Didn’t even know it is a bit pricey ( that was just a side bonus).
It also introduced me to a character I just HAVE to have the 1st app of!!? Papa Shorty!!!
I’ve been trying to find that New X-Men book in the wild for awhile… finally.

1 Like

Because it’s DC….

And because it’s birds of prey.

So no one feels like pumping right now…probably the normal pumpers missed out and need to acquire as many copies as they can first…

:wink:

1 Like

I didn’t even think spec sites cared about or read new DC books anymore. No one cared about the 40 new Amazonians in Historia Of The Amazons no one cared about the beast of Lazarus in Robin, etc……

4 Likes

That’s when you tell him, perhaps you should go over your inventory nightly to price them accordingly. Then leave. But make sure to go back the next day, pull as many hot books as you can, a huge stack and when he has to look every single one up… then tell him, "Well, that’s now out of my price range so sorry… " and leave so he has to go put them all back in his long boxes… :wink:

1 Like

I am currently doing Batman at a x5 titles since issue 85
I also doing Detective and Robins, birds, Justice rwby,
Not a DC guy but I figured I’d through my nephews boxes a little variety.
Lots will end up in dollar bins but they’ll have nice bagged/boarded copies when they someday inherit them.