I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

I mean, maybe. But, was there really much demand for an $8 annual geared toward a younger Star Wars audience? My guess is shops that ordered this haven’t sold many. I didn’t buy it when it came out.

2 Likes

But it is a Newsstand! A NEWSSTAND!

Yeah but in 1993 when it was released newsstands were everywhere. I could go to a minimum of 15-20 places that sold newsstands and we only had one comic shop.

I got most of my comics from Eckerds and Tom Thumb back in 1993… the good ol days!

Local drugstore Kinneys always had full racks and a huge assortment.

The only places I went with my mom as a kid on errands without comics were restaurants or clothes stores, spinner racks didn’t take much space so they were everywhere. Closest comic shop 45 minutes away.

1 Like

Same here. Kinney’s. Or Fay’s. Remember Fay’s?

1 Like

I remember McCrorys selling a ton of poly bagged multipacks as well. So many businesses just disappeared. Ames, A&P, Hills, Great American, P&C, etc.

1 Like

Ha! P&C. What did that even stand for?

I honestly don’t know.

Spent an hour digging deep in the bins today. Pretty happy with the haul. Everything for cover or less except for the HR 7 1:25 variant. That was $15. Wasn’t on my radar but kept seeing HR 7 being mentioned so grabbed it for the hell of it. I’m pretty new to all this. How’d I do?

7 Likes

Last week my LCS has like 5-8 copies of High Republic Adventures 1 (1st issue, not annual) this week cleared out. I also slept on the Reverse Flash action figure by McFarlane. Went back for it today and gone. Bad luck for me!

I did snag two more copies of X-Men 36 for $2.25. I’m trying to get back into the older X-Men stuff as I loved the animated show when I was a kid and I missed the boat in 2019 when Hickman relaunched with HOX/POX. Now catching up feels daunting with all the X books out there.

Oh, and did snag Boy Wonder some new threads while we were out today.

20220223-155231
20220223-155235
20220223-155248
20220223-155304

3 Likes

Found this baby at my shop this morning for $15. I actually found 2 but as I was about to grab it off the shelf at another shop, the employee snatched it before I got my hands on it LOL.

Now off to ebay.

5 Likes

I had bought these about a month ago. Bought it from a shop that’s and hour away and doesn’t offer shipping. Finally had a chance to swing buy and pick them up.

Cover price.

9 Likes

$35 total

2 Likes

$27 pickup after my discount. Pretty happy at the price for the grade.

3 Likes

Crossposted from my Instagram. 1st time seeing this 2nd print. Edit Found one new listing on eBay and only 1 graded 9.8 in the census. asking my Star Wars peeps for info. Any idea on the print run on this?

2 Likes

Went back to that same store that I hit the Spider-Man 300, Wonder Twins 1, and all the other expensive goodies for $1.
This time the owner was there instead of the worker and I anticipated “prices are what they are when you bring them up to the counter”. Which they were! Normally argghhhhh.
But this owner honored the price on the bagged book $5 for X-Men 4 & the rest (unbagged) were $2. The Green Lantern he gave me for cover price ($5).
1st time going to a counter with a bunch of books in an LCS without knowledge of the price that actually turned out quite well.
So grand total was $23.71 for the below

8 Likes

Pam and Carl, or Pomp & Circumstance? (Probably the former :man_shrugging:)

I got my regular pulls today, sure. I also got there on the day the LCS owner restocked Star Wars back issues.

I found some pretty major variants for $10-15 each!

10 Likes