I Like What You Got! (LCS Finds)

I love that solo cover.

It falls into the category of covers: “Covers my Stupid Ass Never Should Have Sold In The First Place.”

I always thought it was Price Champion but P&C sounded better than PC.

A lot of talk about this book lately…grabbed a few extras.

Outside books are obvious flips. Middle book is 1st (Modern?) Zod, 2nd print. Stash it away for another day.

5 Likes

fun sale at my lcs. 60% off all back issue bins.

7 Likes

All for cover.

9 Likes

All for cover.

Nothing special about the Aphra 28 book other than I like the cover.

Republic 21 is also not a special book…however it’s the best Quinlin Vos cover I’ve seen, so I grab it when I see it in high grade. I Figure if he ever has a lead role on the screen this book will disappear quick.

7 Likes

Last ones for the day. FF245 I’ll tuck away. DD310 already up on eBay.

$6 total for these three.

4 Likes

another super fun sale day. this was all $279 out the door. the spectacular spideys are probably 9.2 and 9.4 with most of the others near that range. maybe 9.6 for the batman pizzahut reprint.

6 Likes

Pickups the past few days.

I’m telling ya…SW Republic 21…great Vos cover…we’ll See if he shows up in Obi-wan…

4 Likes

Stopped at the little LCS on the way home. Somehow they got one of the Hughes Wolverines and had it on the shelf for cover price. Getting the JLA/AVENGERS made the night that much sweeter.

7 Likes

I wasn’t aware of the JA Avengers book. When did that go into stores? (I mean I have the floppies but that particular TPB)

Just hit - got severely allocated - most stores I’ve heard from got 1-3. Some of the larger places have a bunch.
https://www.heroinitiative.org/hero-initiative-offers-limited-reprint-of-jla-avengers/

Can confirm my LCS got 2

1 Like

Uh oh.

to be fair, it was a 7k print run for charity and with George Perez being terminal, orders were overwhelming. I think a lot of fans wanted to support this, but there was also a subset of speculators that were trying to cash in on it and get them for the CGC signing (which has since been canceled).

1 Like

Store variants with 3,000 print runs dont sell out. So IDK why people are buying this…especially for $200. 7,000 copy print run is high for a store variant of a tpb.

2 Likes

they runup and hype on the new one is a little overboard, but it is a fan favorite series, that has been long out of print (scare yourself by looking at prices on the 1st print TPB). Marvel and DC would probably never have gotten together to reprint this if it hadn’t been for George Perez’s cancer diagnosis so this will probably never be put back in print again.

1 Like

You can buy the original tpb for less…

2 Likes

Cheapest original on eBay is $200 right now with 12 watchers.

TBH you can get a decent set of 1-4 for less than that.

2 Likes