I Like What You Got! (New Comic Day Pickups)

I have a pre-sale for the ghost rider #1 1:25. Does anyone know if the ratio variants are having the same issues?

Hard to say. Different cover = possibly different printer.

It seems to mostly be dark paper too. And incentives typically have a totally different/lighter back cover. I donā€™t worry about them so much.

1 Like

3rd time in the past few months a book I pre-ordered pre FOC didnā€™t make my pull listā€¦and found it on the shelf.

Iā€™m trying to give them business, but Iā€™m finding I canā€™t depend on them for single issues.

This week I picked up ASM 22 cover A.

Wanted Joe Fixit 3 EM Gist cover, but shops didnā€™t order it and I missed it pre-FOC. So Iā€™ll have to find it online. NM copies Sold out at Midtown and MCS.

I did order the DCeased Purple Rain homage online.

Quiet week overall.

Anyone else get anything good?

2 Likes

Beware the following issues are rumored to be the latest victims of crappy marvel paper this week:

Captain Britain #2
Iron Man #4
Planet Hulk #5
Sabretooth #5
Thor #32

Possible manufacturing defect on some of the Indigo Children books this week.

Check the back before purchasing.

Saw this in 1 of 3 shelf copies today.

Was hoping to snag the one per store Devils Cut. Neither shop ordered copies.

Anyone else get anything good?

Itā€™s not a 1-per-storeā€¦

I am a bit underwhelmed with Devilā€™s Cut. A couple stories were mildly interesting. Most werenā€™t. To be fair, itā€™s hard to sell a story when they have like 6 pages max to do it.

1 Like

Same. I just dont give a ā– ā– ā– ā–  about this book. Itā€™s all FOMO hype.

Thoughā€¦I might pick up some copies when Midtown blows them out for 60-70% offā€¦

What gets me is that there are two SDCC 2023 con exclusive versions that were sold in July. This one just came out; itā€™s not the first print or first to be sold. I know other companies have sold con exclusives before the planned release of a book, but Iā€™m not a fan of it.

1 Like

Iā€™m 100% ok with DSTLRY. Hell, any new publisher that can push Marvel to step up their weak game is a good thing. I like that DSTLRY plans to try new things, but they donā€™t feel so gimmicky like the Bad Idea nonsense.

Devilā€™s Cut is a nice product. Itā€™s a bigger book in page count and size. High quality paper. And, itā€™s nearly all story. $10 seems more reasonable here. Marvel is now charging $10 for their double issues, which still has the same low grade paper and 35% ads.

1 Like

I picked up a Devilā€™s Cut issue at my comic shop to check the stories out and the larger magazine-style size does grab oneā€™s attention. I plan to give it a read.

I have more books on order, but this is what I grabbed off the shelf today. Disappointed they put an advertisement across the top of spider-boy #1ā€¦wtf?

Some free-bees. I think the Gotham By Gaslight new edition comes out next week (?) and this is a promotional copy (one per store?).

3 Likes

80ā€™s nostalgiaā€¦ you should love it!

Iā€™d rather win a new bike like with Rogueā€™s first appearance!

2 Likes

Not a new book, but just happened to quickly flip through a dollar bin box.

Didnā€™t have the heart to take it for a dollar, so I just told them it was on the shelf and paid cover. :grin:

7 Likes

IMG_6702

Technically these came out last week, but I opened them up today.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a bit behind.

IMG_6756

IMG_6757

IMG_6759

3 Likes

Is Dr Doom riding an armored T-Rex shooting a laser Out of its mouth?! I like the throwback silver surfer cover as well. Reminds me of my younger days.

And all Doctor Evil wanted was sharks :shark: with laser beams on their foreheads.

2 Likes