I Like What You Got! (New Comic Day Pickups)

No Aphra 24A covers left at my primary shop 30 minutes after open. No Marvel Voices Community D covers either (although I got one via my pull list).

mcs is asking 20 for aphra, and the voice design sold out fast

By the time I get my copies of Aphra #24 A and Voices design from TFAW the comics will probably be back down to cover price! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My shop has buy 2 get 1 free new comics this week.

Picked these up. Grabbed the extra Aphra 24 at another shop.

1 Like

New comics? Dang!

Got a few copies of Crypt Of Shadows #1 Cover A, Flashpoint Beyond #6 Cover A &B, Thor 28 Cover A, Moon Knight #16 Cover A & B, Deadly Neighborhood Spiderman #1 Cover A & Bengal Connecting variant to name a few. Happy New Comic Book Day.

1 Like

Anyone pick up anything good today?

Didn’t realize Aja did a cover for Star Trek…didn’t find it in the wild, but ordered online.

I did grab a copy of Chopping Block #1A.

Slow day, overall.

2 Likes

Picked up some books from MCS today.

Helloween #1 1:10 variant
Sara Lone #1 1:50 variant
Venom #12 variant
ASM #12 variant

1 Like

Expensive week for alot of new releases this week. Amazing Spidey both Hallow’s Eve variants. Dark Crisis Dark Army Red Canary Variant, Stuff Of Nightmares #3, GI JOE #300 MMPR TMNT II Aschan #1, Batman Joker Deadly Duo LCSD Foil Variant, Once Upon a Time #1 Walking Dead LCSD #50 to name a few. Happy Holidays! Hopefully everyone got some good deals on black friday sales at their lcs.

That,“Deadly Duo,” variant was quite pretty.

1 Like

Yes indeed. Got 2 copies. Happy Holidays. May the luck of the comic gods be on your side.

1 Like

Well last week I was able to pick my pre ordered copies of Dark Crisis: Dark Army Cover B, ASM 14 Design variant (apparently all the Cover B were damaged). I had a chance at the Dark Army 1:25 foil but I passed on it. I like the character don’t get wrong, but just wanted to keep costs down and I used that money on some back issues for the PC.

2 Likes

I saw some ASM 14s this week. All damaged.

The clerk was in the phone, I assume with the owner, asking what he should do about all the damaged copies. This was Wednesday evening at a shop I was visiting from out of
Town.

Got the Midnight Suns #3 Inhyuk Lee 1:25 variant for only cover price. Steal! That cover looks gorgeous.

Grabbed 2 copies of the Batman/Superman #10 Xmas variant, Gun Honey #4 Cover A & Foil to name a few. Happy Holidays!

Marvel books were in rough shape this week.

In particular both Ghost Rider books, Hallows Eve (all cover).

There were more, but just walked away. Most of what I wanted I pre-ordered online. We’ll see what shows up!

1 Like

I was contacted by retailers on facebook saying Cosmic Ghost Rider and Ghost Rider came in completely roached. Retailers are pissed about it.

Grabbed Hallows Eve #1 A cover & Artgerm variants both appear to be 9.8 contenders. Every Ghost Rider #12 & Cosmic Ghost Rider #1 looked hurt for the most part. X-Force #38, Spiderman #6, Action Comics #1051 2nd print, #1052 cover A, Worlds Finest #11 2nd print to name a few. Happy New Comic Day.

1 Like

The Ghost Riders I saw today all were riddled with spine ticks, too.

I’ve seen tons of retailers posting in the retailer groups that every copy was dinged up. Most of them seemed to be right in the center of the spine as well.

2 Likes