I Like What You Got (Original Art)

Art day! Psylocke commission by Arthur Adams

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1866153&GSub=192912

7 Likes

Knowing Marvel this is how they would release it as a cover. Zoom in and cut out the rest of the drawing.

more like using just the head

Can I ask how did you get on his list? Seems next to impossible.

1 Like

Ya, I know the struggle. He took a list ahead of NYCC, although mine was from a virtual con held during the height of the pandemic that I arranged to be picked up at NYCC. Here is a shot that Arthur sent of the NYCC commissions + other commissions

6 Likes

As you can see from my post of the NYCC commissions, he does them at bust or at full figure levels. Many of my friends’ commissions that have been turned into covers were as drawn rather than cut by Marvel. If Marvel does not like the commission as is, they usually skip it rather than cut it.

Those Art Adams sketches are epic

That’s more than $40k worth of commissions right there!

1 Like

Joe Jusko / FPG just had a kickstarter at 9 p.m. where for a $2500 pledge, you get a recreation homage of 1 of the original 90’s Marvel Masterpiece 104 painted card set by Joe Jusko.

I purchased one. Sold out in about 45 minutes.
$2500 is clearly some serious $$$ but where is one getting a Jusko color painting of a Marvel character.

6 Likes

What is the size of the recreation?

1 Like

I think they’re 5 x 8? Maybe 6 x 9?

(Same size as his original 1990’s paintings)

Wow. Impressive that it sold out so quickly!

1 Like

Yea - if you happen to hit on one of the biggies (Spider-Man, Doom, Galactus, Thanos, etc
); essentially anyone other than Night Thrasher, Quasar, or Northstar; you’ve hit a nice chunk over the 2500 sales price.

The OA dealers know what they’re buying and its resale value.

Blank cover commissioned sketches i got done at RI Comic Con. Araña was done by Ian Chase Nichols and Stargirl was by Bill Walko. Both really great guys and was a lot of fun to talk to

4 Likes

1st Boy Thunder

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1866159

2 Likes

Bunch of Walt Simonson stuff up for cheap(er) prices:

1 Like

I was literally on the Walt Simonson line at Baltimore Comicon watching Anthony buy up all these Simonson sketches from SpiderWebArt; whose booth was physically located right near Walt/Louise booth.

I shall say no more.

2 Likes

Well that is shitty. (And for the folks playing at home he isn’t referencing me)

2 Likes

If anyone wants a Simonson original prelim for a better price; go directly to SpiderWebArt. Walt works directly with them and only them. They’re sold out now, but they re-stock with Simonson prelims fairly regularly

2 Likes

If you are looking to buy from Anthony, it’s usually fairly easy to negotiate a 10-15% discount, particularly if the pieces have been up for a while.