I Like What You Got (Original Art)

Thats really good !

2 Likes

Just got this off ebay.

5 Likes

I posted awhile back about “color keys”. After researching as best I could, I pulled the trigger on this.
I can’t get over how cool it is. Pictures don’t do it justice. Four Acetate layers/colors that create the final cover. I love all the notes. This fellow had a fairly good assortment of Marvel keys (he was a dealer and picked them all up in early nineties when stuff like this and original art was dirt cheap).
Was really hard to pick one but I felt a Bill S. Cover &:a cover featuring Wolverine was the smartest choice from an investment perspective.

10 Likes

From our good friend @Gbess he absolutely NAILED this commission he did just for me!

Uploading: IMG_3780.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_3781.jpeg…

13 Likes

That is AWESOME !!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Glad you like it. I had a blast drawing it. Thanks for the opportunity…

1 Like

That’s some great work!

2 Likes

Deadpool Team Up - Issue 1, Page 1 splash feature Deadpool and Ral Dorn the Dragon Lord!

Deadpool Team Up - Issue 2. Page 1 featuring CRYSTAR with Deadpool and Wolverine reflections!

Not sure about this page, pretty sure it is from issue 2 and features Crystal, Deadpool, and Wolverine!

I’m pretty sure this is an abandoned cover for Walking Dead. He must have went in a different direction.

7 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the advice/assist. @BatmanFan @Bill @enabler & others.
Feel like fate was kind to me on this. Really just sort of odd. As you all know I play that Lorcana card game and it results in me going to quite a few places that are gaming first & “sometimes” comics. One of the shops had some photos up & I saw what appeared to be original art. Quickly made it there and sure enough… apparently they had taken it on consignment and it’s just been sitting in a corner with nobody caring about it (again, gaming shop).
Clearly it isn’t a fake…or/well…if someone went to these kinds of lengths to make a fake I guess I’ll live with it.
I paid $225 (actually less as I traded in some cards for credit even)
I’ve only ever had one other piece of comic art. I think this thing is absolutely gorgeous. I actually enjoyed this storyline and the fact that it has Wolverine along with Silvestris creation (Elsie-Dee) is just awesome. Not to mention the page itself is a key story moment.
Anyway! Thx again!

12 Likes

I remember that storyline and artwork very nice pickup!

2 Likes

That is a MASSIVE score. You’re a very lucky man. Congrats!!

2 Likes

Does anyone have any Joe Maduirera original art and feel like sharing?

Here’s what I have from Joe Mad

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerydetailsearch.asp?artist=Joe+Madureira&GCat=2055&GSub=33111

3 Likes