I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

I have fond memories of comics 2000-2015 or so. Lots of good stuff.

2 Likes

Found this while out shopping for mom’s day. Was a little pop culture shop wedged in between a strip of outlet stores. I was not looking for this shop, but checked it out.

They priced most stuff above FMV. But this book was priced at $125 which is what the direct edition goes for in 9.8.

Not a lot of 9.8s on eBay. One CGC asking $400, another PGX asking $275. Looks like a CGC sold for about $275 recently.

This book is one of my favorites from growing up, so I already had it in 9.8. So I’ll sell my PC copy to pay for most of this one.

And I did examine this book very closely and it looks very much the 9.8 it’s graded at.

8 Likes

Nice. I have several copies (not graded) and always loved that cover.

I actually have a few raws as well. This was one of the books I must have read 20 times over as a kid. Starlin & Lim had a great run on SS leading into the infinity gauntlet.

I know it doesn’t mean much in terms of scarcity as a newstand, as the book came out in the 70s, but I took advantage of a great sale at my LCS and snagged this Micronauts 8. When it comes to Marvel I collect shield-bearers (Cap, Cap Carter, Sam Wilson Cap, Bucky Cap) and Donny Cates. This halfway goes with the latter, as he is the God of Light.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ooo, future son of Black Panther.

1 Like

I’ve only seen 2 copies of UX1 in Newsstand and own both. Though one is up for sale on eBay.

3 Likes

3 Likes

$32 and came with a special edition GN set.

6 Likes

This was a nice surprise at a flea market!

4 Likes

3 Likes

I just realized the variant would not be available in newsstand (if I’m correct) so that stinks you can’t have a true match!

1 Like

So far I’ve seen 3-4 newsstand copies all of the regular cover and none of the variant. So you’re likely right. I know DC had newsstands of both regular and variant covers while marvel didn’t seem to have the variants as newsstands.

An example of DC Regular and Variant both in newsstand and it’s a connecting cover like the Avengers Initiative #1.

2 Likes

Wonder Woman and Flash have a REAL niche type of relationship there, huh?

2 Likes

2 Likes

what has been seen cannot be unseen :nauseated_face:

Why did he need to be dead center in front of WW? This work could have done with a small touch of self-editing.

1 Like

I’m sure someone could photoshop a dildo in WW’s hands instead of a lasso.

1 Like

$58 including shipping. Walmart/Kroger/pharmacy did not carry Dark Horse so Dark Horse was not sold in my town as a kid, only DC, Marvel, and some Image.

4 Likes