I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

I think I have that book as well…will check it out.

Edit…ok, two of a kind. :wink:

2 Likes

I want to say it’s Miss Sinisters 2nd Cameo Appearance. Her 1st Cameo was X-Men Legacy #214. I believe both were full page end of story cameos. She makes a first full and cover appearance in X-Men Legacy #217.

1 Like

2 Likes

From Mile High… (of all places)

Shrek 1 - Dark Horse - Newsstand

4 Likes

Is that Shreks first comic appearance?

1 Like

I’m 95% sure it is.
The Dark Horse is his 1st within his own comic title.
What I don’t know if there is an appearance in one panel, or an advertisement within another comic. (as is the case with Spawn or Spongebob, for example)

1 Like

I figure I’ll sell #40 when it spikes next and it’ll cover the purchase.

This thread will not be buried. Lol.

6 Likes

Was surprised to find a couple of copies… I think pretty rare for 2004 right? eBay copies at $50 :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I’ve only seen about 5 issues in newsstand for that AF Series. I’ve seen 1-3,7, 15. I bought an AF15 First A. Cho newsstand for $40 on eBay and sold for $1200-1300. Nice pickups.

2 Likes

Wow nice flip! Thank you for the info.

1 Like

I think I posted it on my neglected pickups and sales thread. Do you actively collect modern newsstands?

1 Like

I do seek them out whenever hunting just bec they’re so scarce. I do a lot of hunting and I really never come across any…

Went digging at my lcs and found some cheap newsstands. I didn’t even know those wildstorm books had newsstand versions so I picked up the gears one and its definitely a newsstand cause another issue from the same run had the “direct sales” upc

2 Likes

Found this cool space ghost newsstand from late 2002. Gonna give it a press and some foxing removal and it’ll look great!

3 Likes

4 Likes

They were still making newsstands around then? Whaa?

Marvel did through 2013.

Avengers Arena is that old?

Again, Whaa?

Seems like yesterday, right? In 2013 I was into image and independents. I didn’t even look at marvel or dc when preordering back then. Image had some really top notch stuff out around that time.

1 Like