I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

5 Likes

Acquired at a comic show…

14 Likes

Very nice pickup! Care to share how much you paid?

I paid $100. It was with someone I often do business with and I bought some other stuff so they cut me a big deal!

4 Likes

I have to have at least a dozen of these.

4 Likes

I used to find them everywhere. Do not see it much any more

1 Like

I still think The Darkness would be a great series to adapt to television. I’ve got my fingers crossed but I’ve always sold my copies for much more than I paid so a series isn’t necessary to make money on them.

1 Like

I keep hoping so. Been buying up Darkness books for a few years now

1 Like

There were some fun, “Darkness,” video games, I recall!

1 Like

3 Likes

That Jason Aaron run of Ghost Rider was so good.

2 Likes

IMG_20231019_112619851

Traded some figures for these… Couldn’t pass it up… wonder if 316 can be cleaned to brighten it up.

7 Likes

Yes it can by a presser who knows how to clean properly.

1 Like

I haven’t read it yet but I love Jason Aaron’s writing. I should have most of the series, so I Should Pull It Out to read of course.

I picked up two more copies of GR28 in Newsstand this morning from the same seller. Along with a few more copies of C-23 #6. Idk if anyone hasn’t read Planetary, maybe some of you youngsters? It’s a great short series that you can read in a night if you don’t like it blame Tart Torpedo.

![IMG_2722|375x500](upload://9CIAFsIihLaaURRBjbZ4hEOSefw.jpeg

12 Likes

The Hulk 340 is signed on the first page by Todd.

10 Likes

:100: :100: :100: :+1: :+1: :+1:

First Dust & Pixie.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Two very hard to find newsstands. One came in late last week and one just got graded.

Action 695 “Eastern News” Newsstand. The only Newsstand editions you ever seem to find for this issue is of Cover B. Sometimes this cover will have an EN sticker. I was lucky enough to find a non-sticker in NM condition. Eastern News supplied these to smaller newssstwnds, like ones you’d find at a regional airport.

Star Wars Heir to the Empire #1 Blank UPC newsstands. These newsstands were meant for bookstores (B&N, Borders). Many versions of this book have a newsstand sticker over the blank upc. Few were able to escape and hit the shelves in stores without a a sticker on them. Either due to lazy employee or a store did not have their system updated for the stickers.

12 Likes