I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

I found this today at Barnes and Noble. I didn’t get one in the comic shop, so I don’t know if this is actually a newsstand or not. If anyone has one from the comic shop check the bar code.

Marvel stopped making newsstands like 10 years ago? And I think they removed the word “direct” from the upc after that This book is what, a year old? So i highly doubt its a newsstand.

1 Like

Picked this one up a while back at a con before Newsstands became a thing. Picked it up raw and had it pressed and sent in. Have not seen one sell on ebay in months so not sure how much it is worth but I know it is a LOT more scarce than the Direct Edition one. 20191121_160055

3 Likes

The easiest way to tell is the barcode. The barcode ends in 2 numbers it’s a newsstand, more than that’s direct. Marvel stopped doing newsstands by 2014.

Also several months ago someone had a bunch of graded newsstands that were graded the same or a bit lower. If I remember correctly they were listed at $800/OBO & sold quickly. That books on my list but they rarely show up on eBay which is where I do 99% of my purchases. It’s getting to expensive unless I can find it cheaper.

Someone outbid me on the other one so I found a cheaper copy.

1 Like

I was looking through a longbox and I found this. I didn’t even realize it was a newsstand until now, and I’m really happy about it.

3 Likes

Won these today and they look like they’ll be my nicest copies.

1 Like

They left the Direct Edition on the books for years after stopping newsstands. Idk why they didn’t take it off sooner.

One last one from this morning.

Got an offer and took it.

I found this in the buck bin like it was meant to be about a year ago lol. I got it without realizing it’s newsstand,. I just thought it was pretty cool plus it was still NM so why not right?.. with me growing up during the IMAGE 90’s I’m thinking it’s awesome just to have,.especially NM for a buck. Then one day I look it up on the bay and I’m seeing all these covers listed for a few bucks but then after about 20 listings I see one listed around $50,. Then another at $40. . . Im thinking it’s a fluke but then I noticed both were newsstand covers and not NM,. Where as mine is also nwstnd and NM. “Happy Happy Joy Joy” lol

Added another to the PC. I’ve lost count of how many I even have.

A few more fir next to nothing.

There’s no way I was passing this up for $10 including shipping.

1 Like

I keep looking for that book. This is the second one that Ive missed out on.

1 Like

I’m constantly checking my saved searches and it pays off often. If I could ever actually let go of books I could make some money.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, when you die you’re family will! :wink:

3 Likes

Isn’t that really why we hold onto these things? Because we’re all hoarders in a sense and have emotional attachments to these books…and most of us are in denial if we think our ancestors are gonna have that same attachment.

At least as long as eBay is around there’s a good way to liquidate the investment.

And that’s also my #1 reason for slabbing…because IF I die and my books are handed down I want my family/inheritors to know which books are valued and which ones I have no issue with taking to the Local LCS and getting screwed over.

My 2020 goal is to inventory my collection and highlight which books have value though. I also want a count how many I have too. :smiley:

1 Like