I Like What You Got! (Show Your Newsstand Pick-ups!)

My goal is to sell them all. Only hold onto a few, perhaps enough to throw in a single box. By the time my kids are my age or older, I think it’s going to be a drastically different world and no one is going to be collecting things that are not vital to surviving in general… sounds crazy but at our current rate, not that far off if we don’t change our ways.

Okay, we shouldn’t stick back to topic though before this isn’t about Newstands! :wink:

1 Like

I’m hoping my kid is a comic geek at least a little when he grows up…If not, when I am gone he can sell everything I leave him.

1 Like

You know, I’ve thought about the whole… what does my family do with my stuff after I die and I just stopped caring. They can do whatever they want, sell it, throw it away, donate it, burn it… won’t matter to me cause I’ll be dead. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

One thing I’ve learned about inheriting stuff is that unless it’s money or a vacation property, anything left behind is an unwanted burden to others.

Just not caring is probably the worst thing you can do to them…the best thing is to give them clear direction how to handle your left over crap in a will (preferably discussing it well ahead of your demise to iron out any kinks) or not have anything left when you go.

1 Like

Money and accounts is all I plan to have. Anything else will hopefully just be something they can throw into the bonfire to celebrate me life… :wink:

Because I needed to bump the thread. Speaking of these newsstands are like coke and meth rolled into one.

A few more that ended tonight.

A hoarder most definitely and I agree with everything else you said

Won this shipping and all for under 10$ last week. Also won the 360 (I think) or 361 but dude sent me the direct cover claiming he made a mistake, … Ended up giving a few bucks in credit for the screw up.

3 Likes

Yep its 360. No complaints though lol

Big difference between 360/361!

1 Like

Lol I know I know I just woke up

Collecting all these involve a lot of numbers to remember Lol a guy gets confused sometimes

Some of the newsstands are hard to distinguish on some books from that era. For example at first look this x-men book appears to be a direct edition. Got cap on the upc box, right? Look up at the top and you’ll see the 2 smaller c’s inside a bigger C indicating it’s a Newsstand. If I remember correctly it’s Curtis Circulations which was the major distributor of newsstands.

thats a direct edition 2nd print. gold cover. 1st print had a newsstand version…

1 Like

Unless Curtis Circulation distributed direct editions you’re wrong.

Oooh! Dems fight’n words!

1 Like

It is a 2nd print but it’s a newsstand to my knowledge. I don’t know if we have anyone who’s an expert but I’d like to know for sure. It not only has their logo but the Curtis ID Codes next to it.

From a quick look at active listings for the UX282 2nd, they all have the CC symbol thingy in the corner box. Unless every copy was newsstand, then I believe the 2nd print, shown above, is a direct copy.

I’m trying to get a definitive answer over on the cgc boards but no luck so far. If it wasn’t for the Curtis Symbol and ID Numbers I’d say it was direct. Here’s a pic of the first print direct edition. Notice no emblem or code?