Identity of God of Light

The thing I struggle with relative to Avatar and Franklin Richards is the sort of “Ying/Yang” deal.
Knull is sort of an original being…as previously stated, an eldrich God. Not likely present before the First Firmament, but before anything else. The counter to him…whatever this being of light is…was essentially his balance. Just a polar opposite.
Franklin’s mutant power, while on par with Celestials power…isn’t really a pre Marvel universe type God being that possessed/took hold of him…whatever you want to call it.

Allegedly, his powers seems to derive from a dimension of pure power nicknamed the Godpower, a source of energy which fuels the powers of various superhumans via their mitochondria.[14]

When Franklin achieves the conscious use of his full powers, he will have vast telepathic powers, tremendous telekinetic powers, the ability to fire enormously powerful energy blasts, and the ability to rearrange the molecular structure of matter and energy. His powers are so great that he has been able to create pocket universes, and his abilities have been described as equal to the Celestials.*

Fun to theorize and think about. I honestly hope it is something completely new…like Knull. Fun to have cool new characters/origins/ideas. Not to mention, if it is indeed completely new, makes the newest Wraith book pretty important.

1 Like

To the ying and yang Knull was born out of the void of darkness Franklin was born from the Cosmic Rays of light still contained in his mother from her transformation when the Fantastic Four was born. So unlike the fantastic four he was born a mutant, from the ray of light not transformed. If Franklin really does control the whole marvel everything he would of been the cosmic ray that created his physical self and transformed the F4 he can wield all the infinity stones and time travel at will. Franklin has also killed multiple celestials in a time travel story before Knull was ever created or attached to the Celestials, Franklin has also killed Galactus multiple times and resurrected him too.

2 Likes

Regardless if Franklin is used in this story-line or not it probably isn’t a bad idea to pick up his keys…Outside of FF annual #6 I can’t think of any that are expensive. I’m not a huge Franklin fan so I may be unaware of some but FF #245 could eventually play out of Marvel brings him to the big or small screen. Not a bad idea to pick up at least one for the pc. They aren’t expensive at all…right now anyway.

2 Likes

Hope it is someone new and not a rehash, yawn.

God of Light? Gotta be Dazzler right?? ;D

2 Likes

My craziest guess…Superman…wouldn’t put anything past Cates.

1 Like

It’s obviously John Snow.

1 Like

@Ravager The Black Knight (night) God of Light… Catchy.

1 Like

May just end up being Sentry after all.

Ok… possible Spec… idk or maybe he just appears… Sentry!! Stegman just posted this

and the NEW sentry which debuted in 2018 is Robert Reynolds and the Void merged together.

Guess my original post up top wasn’t far off :rofl: I’ve got a few to sell, so this would be great news if the spec picks up!

Sentry is a character I both like and get annoyed by sometimes. Depends how good a writer is writing him. The Paul Jenkins stuff was great, Bendis kinda sucked.

2 Likes

As long as I see him rip another Marvel character in half, I’m good.

Never liked Sentry as a character.

Dont know much about him except hes super powered. Now are there 2 Sentrys? Because I see his 2000 debut issue 1. And then I see a 2017 I beleive “new sentry” merged with the void. Issues for 4 and 5 or is this more BS from the collectors app.t

Agree, Sentry is a very complicated character but if written well pretty awesome!

If you read up on him after this transformation. It looks like he’s The God of Light.

1 Like

Is this when he merges with his opposite the void?

1 Like

This was mentioned by Jim Comics 2 years ago I believe, and I bought up a stack of issues 4 & 5 when a local shop had a $1 sale. If this heats up - I’m ready, but with my luck, it’ll fall flat :smiley:

I don’t get it though - wasn’t he always both Sentry & the Void?

He always resisted the Void. In this issue, he embraced him and became a God.

1 Like