Identity of God of Light

Go to around 9 minutes in the video.

1 Like

Jus seen. Yeah. Found issue 4/5 for cheap. Gonna order a couple n see what happens.

Print run on Sentry #4 (2 covers): 17,965
Print run on Sentry #5 (2 covers): 16,185

Pretty low, even for today’s print runs on 1st prints.

2 Likes

Wow, these are starting to blow up.

Smh had em in my cart and forgot to checkout $1 a pop. Dammit. Oh well it happens. Just watched Tales from the flipside tonight Sentry was brought up so Its in the wind now

I must of missed where Sentry is a part of the King in Black $1 reprints

Are these numbers for both covers combined?

Here’s what I know Avatar 1st appearance FF #245 is a King of Black $1 reprint he is the most powerful psionic Hulk #141 is a King in Black $1 reprint that has a machine that transfers psychic energy and gamma radiation. On a side note maybe related Evil Immortal Hulk in the future when he is alone says he killed Franklin to a being of light that gives him a surprised look Hulk eats him and end of the Marvel universe. So Avatars powers maybe transferred to someone is what I get from the hinted king in black $1 reprints there is also this untied up story in Immortal Hulk on how he becomes so powerful and kills everyone in the future.

Yes - these numbers are from comichron and I believe they show the total number ordered by shops without breaking down the covers. It doesn’t indicate what the split is between the covers.

Now that’s a nice print run. Crazy.

1 Like

Picked up 1 sentry #4 for cover, couldn’t find #5 for cover ah well. Still a little weary after going in on Virus being Lee Price lol, Cates likes to throw curve balls.

1 Like

I grabbed a couple of copies of #5 at Midtown yesterday when they were at $1.11. paid more for shipping than the comics!

1 Like

I found 2 copies of #4, but they wanted $50 each after I pulled them out of a $1 back issue bin. They didn’t know why it was so expensive only that their app/website says $50

That really sucks… if they were in the dollar bin they’re a dollar…

2 Likes

Those are the types of shops I stop shopping at…

It’s also when you find the WALL books at marked up prices and point out if you find it cheaper online, ask them to drop the price for you to buy… see what they say then.

1 Like

I went into a shop while we were on vacation last week and had a similar thing happen. Found a copy of Shuri #1 2nd printing in the dollar bin and when I went to buy it (along with a bunch of other random stuff I found) he looked it up on eBay first and said it shouldn’t have been in the dollar bin because it’s worth more now. Ended up just giving him the rest of the stuff back, too.

3 Likes

Bravo my good man! 2 weeks ago I walked up to the counter of a LCS I do not frequent, with 4 copies of Avengers 33. Issue was on fire at that time. With no notice or posting…he says" Sorry you can’t buy multiple issues of new releases." I informed him they were sitting for months they were not new. He placed 3 copies behind the counter…so I told him to place the 4th there, as well as the stack of other books I was wanting to purchase. I NEVER purchase multiples off the new release wall…I wait a few months. If I want multiples right away, I pre-order online (TFAW), I want others to have a chance also.

1 Like

Very nice, I would have done the same.

I was checking out at my local shop (they have a 3 per customer new release rule) so as I’m watching them ringing up the books, I had like 4 x Thor #2 (they had a stack of them as this was before the pandemic and it was still heating up but not blowing up like it did last month) but anyways, guy was going through the books and then says, “we got a limit of 3 per on new releases”… I respond with… those been on the shelf for over a month? He’s like, well, did you want to grab more of them then? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry to spoil everyones spec, but Cates said back during sdcc 2019 diamond retailer event that he wanted to use the Beyonder and he had a specific plan To being him into the mcu.

I dont think Sentry will be “god of light”. His duel personality negates that arguement.

Franklin richards? Based in Cates past writing, i dont see this going anywhere. It has about as much chance as the Beyonder :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I stay away from shops like that too.