Identity of God of Light

Have you seen the video explaining what happens in Sentry 4 / 5? He embraces the void and becomes a new, more powerful complete version of the Sentry - a God level character. Combined with Stegman’s deleted tweet, I think there’s more there than citing Cates as saying in 2019 that he wanted to use the Beyonder - but I guess we’ll see.

Mike C… The Spec Spoiler.

1 Like

Yeah. Thats me :wink:

At this point its anyones guess. Beyonder has origin ties to Venom cause , well, the symbiote was introduced through the beyonder.

Really is anyones guess :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

At this rate it may as well just be Howard the Duck.

1 Like

I guess I should have been more clear: This shop wouldn’t sell me the books for any less than $50. It was total bullshit. Apparently before they sell a back issue, ANY BACK ISSUE, they check some sort or app or website on their computer and then price it accordingly. Luckily this store is a back up store for me, when I need to find something that my LCS doesn’t have.

I gave them the books back and only picked up Superman 25 from my pull list (ONLY because it was in better shape than the one I got from my LCS.)

Needless to sayI’ll be looking for another store as my back up. If they’re going to price match eBay (or whatever registry they check) why would anyone shop there for back issues?

2 Likes

Yikes that’s even worse that they do that for every single back issue not just the ones heating up. I’d never go there again.

Yep… apparently if you bring ANY back issue up the counter they will check some sort of constantly updated database and base their pricing off of that.

Glad my regular LCS never does that.

I want all LCS to make money, but wow, do the work if that’s the case regarding back issues. I’ve had plenty I’ve almost snagged, but didn’t, go see a slight price increase. That’s on me, and the price gets put on the book BEFORE checkout. I’ve also benefited from the other side. If it’s marked it is what it is. Whether an incentive priced at their rate, a back issue higher than cover, or no additional price at cover. Once I get to the register there are no surprises. The only downfall is I don’t get my discount on incentives or non cover priced books haha. I don’t hate it, just 20% off those would be nice too. Especially when for PC

Me too. I don’t want anyone to lose their livelihood. Thing is, I’m willing to bet that they are losing more money than they’re making by handling back issue sales they way they do.

Anyways. I didn’t mean to hijack this thread with my Sentry story, I was just shocked at what happened today.

What’s the name of that store?

I have all the sentry appearances so I am covered on this.

1 Like

Same…Have all the big ones that I know about anyway.

Interesting panels from Avengers #83:

Man… Sorry those are sideways… They are not like that on my phone…

Did same thing to me when I posted last week haha I feel ya

Franklin Richards has been brought up many times on this thread as a potential for the God of Light. I noticed this on TFAW pre-order list. I’m sure others have seen it as well so if this has been mentioned already I apologize. This November Marvel is doing a true believers version For Fantastic Four #245. I believe Alana brought this book up in discussions a while ago and when it comes down to it, it is a good cheap Franklin Richards spec regardless who is the “God of Light”. Anyway, just funny how this is advertised as a King in Black companion type book. Here is the link:
https://www.tfaw.com/true-believers-king-in-black-franklin-richards-1.html

I think it’s SS. He becomes GOL in SSB 5.https://m.facebook.com/groups/569956373159800?view=permalink&id=1773745236114235

1 Like

That very well could be the world’s most useless link…Cbsi and FB together as one, shepherding the sheep…:man_facepalming:

Hmm. Not a member. Cant see what was said. Maybe a screen capture would be useful.