Identity of God of Light

solar…light…god of light…:thinking:

I would not be surprised if the God of Light turned out to be just Thor in the end…

1 Like

Wielding the sword against Chaka Khan?

2 Likes

Will they fight through the fire? To the limit? To the wall?

Honestly I think this is the most plausible theory so far, since this was from his origin in venom 4 correct? And the fact Cates is writing Thor right now alongside venom, when he’s said he has even bigger ambitious plans with Thor than Venom, King in black could be part of the larger setup he has with Thor.

2 Likes

Thor is the God of Thunder his brother in Norse mythology does have the title The God of Light and Radiance Baldr, and the God of Darkness, Höðr, are twin brothers, sons of Odin and Frigg. Baldr is the most beloved of the Gods who once had a nightmare that he would be killed. His mother Frigg then demanded that all things in the entirety of the nine realms vow not to harm him. I guess Donny Cates retcons everything so what’s retconning Norse mythology.

1 Like

Well, we do have a Norse God now flying around calling himself an Avenger with a guy in a spandex suit that says hes Captain of America with a billionaire genius building robot armor suits… With an industructible green monster whos angry… Does made up Norse myths really matter at this point?

1 Like

I have the answer… https://ibb.co/8B5WhFQ

2 Likes

I have been suspecting Sentry. Especially since he was divided from the void. What book is that from

Black cat (2020) issue #1 tie in king in black

I mean that does say “A God of light” not the, so perhaps there is more than one or that’s just a throw away line.

1 Like

Wraith said also “a god of light” not the god of light… And he said opposite not opposites, but idk… I think its sentry, he still will appear again…

Welcome @Gol. Way to do your first post as a great conversation starter. Hope you stick around.

3 Likes

Don’t think it’s Sentry, Those 7 spheres from the mark of the God of Light don’t seem to suggest anything related to Sentry.

I haven’t read a lot related to this but they called him A God of Light not The God of Light. Maybe there are several gods of light. Maybe there scattered across the cosmos waiting to come together like Voltron? I did give Cates more of a chance as I recently read the first 25 issues of his Venom run and it was pretty bad. No not bad in a good way. I wanted to Clorox my eyes and brain afterwards. I’m interested to see what happens but his writings underwhelming.

2 Likes

His Venom writing isn’t his best. I prefer Thor currently myself from Cates.

3 Likes

Which I haven’t read. I’ll have to give it a read.

1 Like

I thought Venom was great from the start but the last few issues before KIB (especially #30) seemed off to me. I’d bet good money they were actually written by Dan Slott (or whoever wrote America #1).

I thought it was good up until they did the crossover with the Thor books. After that it has been coasting and uneventful.

Possible lord of light reveal? Guardians of the Galaxy issue 10 dropped today.

Sold out at midtown still available at Tfaw. Not sure if its him buuuut $3.19 not a bad gamble. Just my opinion https://www.tfaw.com/nov200489-guardians-of-the-galaxy-10-kib.html

2 Likes