Jenny the Turtle

59 might have a little love to come if she’s on the cover there but 1st cover as a turtle will probably be the crowd choice for more in demand. Unfortunately that seems limited to 200 copies that sold out at $100 a copy already.

Since they did that already I’m hoping for something new and exciting for the Second Printing cover maybe reworking the concept art for cover use. They are advertising as a “New” cover and hopefully the art will be available before FOC Monday.

Keep planting all the fields. Just got my confirmation last night that I’m getting my 3 copies of Go Go 21’s 20 qty variant. Another crop planted. It’s holding in the $20 to $30 range right now but let’s see what it’s doing in a month or two. It’s a little early for waves of Ranger fans to have found out and another book or two with the New Ranger should start to get their attention. mycomicshop has the main cover parked at $3.99 until they run out or bump the price. Hopefully soon since there should be less copies of that comic than TMNT95!!! Either way, 3 free copies of the 20 qty variant are reason enough to be happy this morning. :man_dancing:

Courtesy of Sad Lemon:

SECOND PRINT ALERT

TMNT #95 is going back for a 2nd print with a NEW Jennika cover by Kevin Eastman and Ben Bishop. We will post the cover as soon as possible:

RELEASE DATE 7TH AUGUST 2019

That was about 23 hours ago if you scroll up courtesy of IDW’s direct to stores e-mail. The big news everyone’s jacked up waiting for is the release of what the cover is going to look like. Hopefully that occurs before FOC Monday. Shipping on the 7th gives it Second or later Cover appearance for her as a turtle since there’s at least one convention cover releasing 2 copies this month at San Diego assuming the earthquakes let up. It appears 59 is 1st her as a human cover courtesy of jclu (above also).

They haven’t sold out. They are a sdcc exclusive that you pick up at the convention. Unless IDW did an online sale or something

Never mind, just saw the tweet that they put the copy’s up online for sale to keep people from going to the both. Absolute insanity

Anthony said something about it somewhere so I started sniffing around the other day too late to get any. The part I don’t get is why not offer shipping? Save people the hassle of standing in line if they have a ticket or something to verify they could have.

I’m glad I didn’t jump the gun and put it on eBay thinking I would get one on Wednesday. My only hope is that they have something good at the retailer lunch on Friday.

Looking good for the convention. Nothing worse than a 4.9 in California today so far. :partying_face:
https://earthquaketrack.com/

Sorry, my bad.

So when they say “SDCC exclusive” they mean they excluded selling them at SDCC…

It amazes me that a Publisher doesnt want “Free” traffic to thier booth. these would have created huge foot traffic and potential sales. instead they sell them online … Idiots.

Washington St. Got a few quakes today.

Im not worried about the earthquakes … its the Mosquitoes that will kill ya !

in a book about turtles and rats that talk, a humans first appearance is ok , but mutate that human and shit hits the fan and people go crazy calling it her first appearance … which technically is true , her first as a Turtle. Even the Publisher jumped on the band wagon and made a new limited edition print and sold it for $100 a pop. Thats insanity !!

If we’re going to have a female turtle, it’s only a matter of time before one day we find BABY TURTLES!!! The question will be if they put the egg laying on the beach into an issue like MCP #3 will it get any 1st love!!!

Might as well see if we can turn this into a pamphlet for her. https://www.thesprucepets.com/what-are-salmonella-free-turtles-1238369

April Oneil, Casey Jones, Shredder. The book is also about humans. 95 is her 1st as a turtle, but 51 is her 1st as a character and her 1st as a ninja with weapons. Jennika the Turtle is the same character as Jennika the human, imo, nothing has changed except her visual appearance. When discussing Beast from XMen, he was a human 1st too. His human 1st is more valuable than his ‘altered state’ 1st appearance.

I’m trying to think if there’s anything out there where an altered state is worth more than a first appearance…

Any examples?

Jane as Thor?

BTW…the set of A & B covers have been steadily selling at $40 plus shipping or higher…so thus undercutter comes in at 29.95 with free shipping and has 7 or more sets to sell…just when I’m about to list mine to sell for $40.

1 Like

Angel, from XMen looked like a human 1st and then was altered into Archangel. I wish I could think of some characters who didnt make their debut in XMen1. That is not a fair book to compare too.

It revolves around turtles. The humans are irrelevant to the plot.

April and Shredder are not irrelevant to the plot of TMNT. April is a direct extension of the 4 turtles and their master. April, in IDW lore, was the one who named them Michaelangelo et al. She has been a part of the TMNT team since day 1. And Shredder is the main antagonist. Both are integral parts of the IDW turtles story.