Jenny the Turtle

U can change the humans into absolutely ANYTHING else and it would still be the same … you can not change the turtles cause then it isn’t tnmt, it’s just some weird comic. iE the humans are irrelevant

The 1st appearance of the team book X-Men is not a comparison. An altered state comparison is Totally Awesome Hulk 21 for Clay to Totally Awesome Hulk 22 as Weapon H. He hasn’t changed who he is or what he knows how to do, even has the same family, wife and kids. Both books are keys but there is a difference in coolness and over time it will result in pricing differences.

Like Mike says, other than early speculators, people don’t care about Jenny the human in masses and a 10,000 print run size in recent years says they haven’t been. People who were reading it read it for the Turtles dude!!! The new fans that will be attracted aren’t coming to see what Jenny Human is doing, they have their interest piqued by a new female turtle. Jenny human’s not going to get a team up crossover with Batgirl, Jenny the turtle might.

Agreed. The book centres around the 4 Turtles and their Master. If you boil the property down to its prime roots, yes, it is about the turtles. However, you need more than 4 turtles to write their story. The characters that drive the entire story in the TMNT universe, along with the 4 renaissance turtles, are integral to the story being told. Yes you could replace Shredder with ‘Ripper’, the chainsaw wielding Orca, but that still means that the antogonist is integral to the story. Whether its Shredder or ‘Ripper’. But, in theory, you could also replace the turtles with literally any animal, and you still have the same story. Teenage Mutant Ninja Sloths could have been successful too, but the Sloths would still need other characters and an antagonist to help create their world and help drive the story.

I think that they are integral to the story, you do not, @Mike_C. We will have to respect each others views on this. Cheers.

No, u miss my point. I agree that in good story’s there is a hero and a villain. I’m saying the villains gender / race is irrelevant. Ie the humans are not needed :slightly_smiling_face:

Why would they? Jennika is a turtle now. If said fans do jump on because of Jennika, I think her 4 year back story, when she was human, is something that any real fan would love to get to know, respect and honour. You yourself, @BJ, mentioned that 51 has about 2x the print run of 95, yet, 51 is seeing the same numbers, if not higher, on eBay right now. Higher print + equal secondary market prices = more demand for 51. :man_shrugging:
Well, @BJ. We will see where the market lands, in due time. Im said what Ive needed to say on this subject.

I now see what you’re saying, @Mike_C. But, that same logic applies to the hero, I would think. The heroes race/gender/breed is also irrelevant. Down to brass tacks, its ultimately the story being told that is ultimately important. Cheers, @Mike_C

Poyo has his :popcorn: and wants y’all to keep discuss’in… :grin:

I’m not sure why this concept seems to elude you. This isn’t the 70’s or 80’s spin racks.
The books purchased a few years back are sitting in boxes in great shape waiting to be found, rescued, spec’d discovered, etc. There’s twice as many of them waiting for people to know to look for them and bring them to market. These books are out there.

If there’s one copy of 95 for every collection out there or that will be assembled, the number cannot exceed about 10,000 collections since that’s what the print run for recent issues runs in the range of. That means still, more than 2 copies of 51 available for each of those collections.

Many people I see don’t chase down long runs of back issues, especially if they’re already elevated in price. They use the current event or story arc as a starting point and go from there and some, if they do, chase backwards with trades or just try to read them for free online somehow.

I’m saying this with two copies of 51 in my care right now!!! It’s in my best interest to hope if becomes a $1000 comic but I have serious doubts it’ll even be chased down at any price by most of the people who will be starting now and once the market has time to find out what’s going on, E-Bay and other places will start to get swamped with 51’s. There literally are more than two for every 95.

People chase 1st Carnage more than 1st Cletus. People care more for 1st Green Goblin or Hobgoblin than 1st Norman or Harry and yes, I know they are in Silver keys so they can’t be used for fair comparisons to this situation.

@BJ, dont start with me. Ive said what Ive had to say. Show some integrity. There is no need to be passive aggressive.

Cover for the 2nd print revealed. Bump up those order numbers.

You asked for examples over and over again and have had them provided over and over again.

The funny part is, the more times you mention 51, the more likely you are to see those extra copies turn up. This site is dedicated to just that. The people here specialize as a hobby choice in digging up those 23,247 copies and bringing them to market. Stores read here that have those copies in the back room they were holding for a convention or something else. Now that it’s clearly a book that should be getting their attention they will be out in numbers searching for it.

I just reduced the price of a number of books that were up last month or a little earlier because the undercutters have set in on them. With 300 copies of Walking Dead 193 arriving next week and about $4,000 in sales needed to stay off the plastic for the rest of this month I’m fighting the urge to be one of them.

Lets keep the comments clean and not go bashing each other’s intelligence. I for one have a hard to expressing my thoughts in a precise manor, so yes I beat things to death like a horse.

Yes u can change the hero’s but then it wouldn’t have the same magic and wouldn’t be called tmnt

I remember when the turtles took off they tried making all kinds of animal comics. I believe Usagi came out after them , trying to capture that momentum. He lasted but didn’t last (if that makes sense).

So no, changing the hero won’t work if they are popular.

Yeah, that’s me. I gotta pay for SDCC somehow.

People are way to greedy now days. I understand you have a shop and expenses vs me with practically no bills, but putting a comic up for 5000% mark up is just ridiculous. I try to be fair because 6 months ago I was on the other side, trying to get my comics at a fair price just to have greedy ass retailers pull the comic and say “no it’s not cover, it’s xxx cause it’s hot on eBay” … hell over the 4th I went to a comic shop in North Carolina and the guy said he doesn’t have any walking dead 193 … but lo and behold he has 50 on eBay for $30 each.

Undercutting… those that want the quick sale while still making profit. Can you blame them? No, not really. Have I done it? Heck yeah… you start watching the market and see where it’s sort of peaking so if you bought at cover and are selling at 10x the cover price to make the sale from those selling at 12x, then all power to you I say.

That’s capitalism working. It’s called healthy competition. The comic market and value is just like the stock market, it’s a roller coaster ride of ups and downs.

Buy low, sell high. That’s the game, nothing else matters.

I have to say im excited about these Ninja Sloths and Chainsaw wielding orcas. Sounds better than 75% of the stuff that’s out here today…

1 Like

Was hoping this wouldn’t be released until after FOC… it being s 2nd print maybe it’ll be under ordered. Going to grab a copy.

I had 50 on order before this came out. Im sure BJ had more. Retailers arent sleeping on this one as its huge.

Why do we think her first full won’t be until #97? All he says is that she gets her bandana and the color is revealed in #97. I think the #95 2nd print cover is interior art from #96. No?

Yellow Stabby!

Jennikas 1st full is in issue #51. Her 1st as a turtle is 95. I believe you want to know her 1st with a mask.