Jenny the Turtle

No, her first full as a turtle. Her first appearance in comics is #51. Her first cameo as a turtle is #95. She will be in #96 ( #95 2nd cover art is interior art found in #96) but it appears she will not don the mask until #97. Not interested in the debate as to the value of #51. I am a TMNT fan, so I am far more interested in her turtle form than her human form.

Gotcha. :+1:. 1st full as a turtle, imo, will be 96. They may even have her don her bandanna in a last page reveal of 96, leading to a fully masked turtle in 97. Regardless, 96 and 97, and all issues from here on out until she gets her bandanna, will have much higher print runs than 95, and probably 51.

Definitely higher print runs. If the 2nd print cover wasnā€™t revealed until after Monday it might have had a much lower print run. I am not sure #96 will be massive because preorders already passed before the reveal in #95, BUT #97 will have a massive print run.

believe it or not, #96 is still available through Diamond. I think retailers are looking at what the demand is going to be before it will sell out @ Diamond. Uncle Willie or BJ would know more about the logistics of that though

as an indicator, i only have around 20 preorders for that issue between the 2 covers.

I wouldnā€™t call it massive but itā€™ll likely be bigger than the others. But yeah, pre-order it so you donā€™t miss outā€¦ :slight_smile:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Ongoing #97 (Cover A - Wachter)

City at War, Part 5. With enemies victorious on all sides and allies in short supply, the TMNT are at their lowest point. Yet as the TMNT start to blame themselves, a greater threat looms ever closerā€¦ Donā€™t miss the earth-shaking lead up to TMNT #100!

Oh, what l meant was retailers such as tfaw and midtown are no longer accepting preorders.

Well, relative to others in the series. TMNTs isnā€™t exactly a Top 25 book.

Ah yeah, they cut those off way early. Probably so they can manage inventory better since they likely gather all online orders and then do one order rather than order them as they come trickle in.

yeah, but thats because of the way they price thier comics.

35% pre orders, 25% after that, 15% FOC

Trust me, once people add it to thier " Wish List" both sites will order more from Diamond and have in stock.

I was lucky to have ordered 25 of cover A and B of #95, so I carried that number forward for the 2nd print and #96/#97 a/b. Sets should do well. Venus sucked, I think Jennika will be a keeper. Who knows though with comics, they will probably kill her in #100. :sunglasses:

Or they kill Raphael and she takes his place as a full time turtle.

That would certainly make my little investment worth a few more coins. Letā€™s hope they donā€™t go that far againā€¦Donatello #44 .

Well, now that there is a female turtle and 4 teenage male turtles, will we get baby turtles? And if we do, are they laid as eggs or do they gestate in their mother?

Maybe theyā€™ll be born in a half shellā€¦ :rofl:

Any reason why TMNT 95 2nd print is finding some new found love recently?

Is there a group/app/YouTube influencers pumping it or is connected to recent TMNT story line?

Just curious cause many said Jennika is dead spec, but all of sudden
now Midtown has their raw books at double cover ā€˜in stockā€™.
ā€˜They are a not in the spec gameā€™ :rofl:

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/1866208

Thanks for any info!

Issue 95 2nd print started to spike last week. I have a coupleā€¦sold my first prints as sheā€™s on the cover of the 2nd.

The reprint craze is slowly making its way beyond Marvel reprintsā€¦I sold a Far Sector #1 2nd for $40 a few weeks ago. Waiting for Batman Beyond 37 2nd print to spike nowā€¦that didnā€™t have a high print run, as many places didnā€™t even offer it for sale.

1 Like

I think Midtown also likes to bump the prices up and then put them on ā€œsaleā€ at the same timeā€¦ But enough time has passed, they can mark up such books based on secondary market now if they want.

Itā€™s got Jennika as a turtle on the cover of the 1st app (as a turtle). So itā€™s starting to get that reprint love.

I wouldnā€™t exactly call Jennika dead spec either. She just started the second volume of her solo series.