Joe Rogan #1573- Chinese Influence on American Markets

If you aren’t shipping globally then you are missing out I’d say about 33% of my eBay sales are international

1 Like

There is a big collector market there, both for comics and all things “exclusive”. But they also have the mind set that alot of us have too, if its to expensive then it isnt worth it.

My brother in law had me purchase and grade a few asm 300 and Spiderman 1 (mcfarlane run) for a collector in taiwan with whom he did buisness with as a gift. It was well received from what i was told.

1 Like

It was worth the $20 gamble on 4 books… trust me I want to full tilt politics on this thread, but I’m not going to out of respect for the moderators and what this site / forum does the for the community. I’ll say I’m no fan of China. That is all.

1 Like

I live in my own bubble and dont care about what happens outside of it. I have no thoughts on China or any other countries. I could care less what happens in most of the USA as well. No politics from me.

1 Like

There is also a HUGE market for vintage Levi’s in Japan :jp:, apparently. Americana is super cool, don’t get me wrong, but I won’t pay a bunch of money for farted-in 501s.

Humanity is diversified and all the better for it and great stories will shine through. It is when you force things tastelessly, then it fails. Some great people all around the world, but a shame about their continued stance on control and censorship over there to retain power. Trust me, the people over there feel it as well, and a lot of them try to get out if they can, but most of them find ways around it (VPNs etc).

One of the main reasons I love the X-men is that they bond over their diversity for a common cause.

Not a fan of how the Chinese government treats its people and walks all over international patents. There is now a huge amount of money to be made in the Chinese markets but I think it would be wise for any and all countries founded with freedom of choice and individualism to tread very lightly moving forward with them.

This is a reason I buy LG phones (plus I’m a Droid guy). Most if not all of the components are not made in China when I check. If you own or buy Apple, most of it is manufactured in China with horrible conditions from the plant workers.

It’s almost impossible to avoid China for most things but with a little digging, you can limit what you’re buying from them.

2 Likes

I believe that Samsung has their chips made in Texas.

Yeah, they’re plant here in Austin is spitting distance from me almost…

There you have it folks. Poyo spits on American companies.

2 Likes

Was a pretty enjoyable run and character which is sure to pop up later in many future Superman plots. Not immediately spec-worthy but definitely for the long game.

1 Like

If you aren’t shipping internationally, you’re missing out on 95% of “item not as described” charge backs with little to no hope of retrieving the item you shipped halfway around the globe through Pitney-Bowes.

Honestly, if some Russian asshat decides to claim a perfectly NM copy of a hot book is “not as described” what the hell are you supposed to do? Refund him and hope he sends it back? Are you as the seller going to pay that astronomical return shipping only to have him keep the cash and thebook?

International sellers reach out to me all the time and my response is the same every time: “Sorry, I’m sure you’re an honest person. Dipshits ruined it for everyone.”

1 Like

“NEW Superman” was actually its own iteration of a specifically Chinese Superman and never claimed to be Superman. Also, no one originally from the planet Krypton has ever ultimately been called Superman (excluding the multiverse).

Samsung, American Company? What world do you live on?

Yup, same reason I stopped doing it. I’m not a big corporation that can just save a lot of money writing it off my taxes and already expected such loss in my yearly financial outlook portfolio…

I don’t know, as fact, the answers to your questions, but, I will guarantee that there are rules about certain books that can’t be sent. The Chinese Communist government very much censors what can, and can not, be consumed by the general population.
And no, I don’t believe there are Chinese versions of older SA or GA US books and characters. There is no way that an American comic book company was distributing Chinese versions of comic books in that country, in that time period.

1 Like

Well, I mean I AM a big corporation who has it written into his quarterly pro forma and tax deductions schedule, but it still pisses me off!

Oooooh… do tell. But let me go get some popcorn, this should be good. :wink:

But 511s!? Hot diggity dog, count me in!