Joe Rogan #1573- Chinese Influence on American Markets

I’ve never had any problems with international scammers yet, knocking on wood. I use the eBay global shipping program so if there is a problem with delivery or damage eBay has seller protection. I did send some X-ray cassette screens to a scientist in Morocco who bitched and moaned about the price of eBays global shipping and I gave him the benifit of the doubt and sent internationally myself and he claimed he never received it. Ended up having to refund $300. Luckily I didn’t care to get a return of those screens.

1 Like

I meant I’ve never had a problem with international scammers selling comics. But I only use global shipping. The buyer has to pay extra for seller protection. Score one for sellers!

I was particularly done with international shipping when long ago I sold a computer RAID controller and specifically stated it was just the PCI card, used but tested/working, no cables or original box or parts. Sold through Global Shipping but I get zero word from the seller until he leaves a negative feedback stating only… “This card is useless without the cables”… That was an easy reversal after contacting eBay but after that I was done, not worth the hassle.

The time before that was I sent a package with full tracking but it stopped after it arrived in Europe (this was before Global Shipping) and the buyer contacts me saying it’s been 4 weeks, no item. We verified the address, all good, contacting their post office in Europe was a complete waste of 4 hours of my life… so it ended up with me just refunding them and out of my computer part that was actually worth something so it was horrible losing it cause now I’m out of the item I could sell.

I do not kid you, 8 months later, what shows up in my mailbox, returned to sender? The package. It had been so long, I didn’t even know what it was until I opened it. By then it had dropped half it’s value and I was never able to sell it.