Kamala Khan returns in new Ms Marvel series

Because that’s what kcc told them.

I just read how they’ve completely changed her powers for the series. So she’s got basically Green Lantern powers which to me doesn’t translate well to a tv series or movie. I’ll be getting rid of any remaining keys of hers. She works because she’s an INHUMAN with stretchy powers. She doesn’t need an effing bracelet to give her GL powers.

Changing her powers has taken me from excited to see it to I probably won’t watch it. Marvel needs to do something with their formula because nothing on Disney+ has been good. Granted I haven’t watched anything since Falcon and Winter Soldier but no ones convinced me to watch any of the trash they’ve been putting out.

The stuff works in big part because everything’s connected but was Moon Knight set in the MCU or were there any nods to the rest of the MCU? I read an article that stated they decided to not directly connect it to the MCU because they didn’t think it needed to.

2 Likes

They’re sheep who instead of reading the books, read articles about what others who also haven’t read the books think.

1 Like

Moon Knight is in the MCU. There are many references and Easter eggs that connect the series to the greater universe. They decided not to have a variety of appearances from other characters is what they were saying. As for Kamala, in my opinion, she works for many reasons other than just being an Inhuman. She’s a quirky teenager dealing with a variety of heavy issues. I think that will still translate well. The co-creator of Kamala says the MCU powers will be explained and make sense. Only time will tell once the series is released whether this series works or not. Maybe I’m an MCU homer, but I think all the series have been fantastic.

6 Likes

Phase 4 is Marvel Studios stretching the MCU too thin.

• Too many new characters getting shows/movies. Used to be 1 maybe 2 movies per year. Now it’s 5+ shows/movies per year.

• The writing is sub-par. These writers keep popping up out of nowhere to write shows.

• The “grounded look” is gone. This phase is drifting into the absurd level of campy.

Phase 4 has not been good to comic values and I feel this will continue. Now, the right time to sell is when the trailer comes out. When the show/movie comes out, book values drop…fast. There’s no lasting hold. This might have been the case also years ago, but I’m noticing it alot more now. Also, if the show/movie appearance is NOT a direct adaptation from the comic, the 1st appearance value never reaches it’s true potential.

6 Likes

:100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :100:

For the values to keep rising, people need to feel like there is future potential beyond the current appearances. That’s why reader spec is always the best. There’s a greater chance said character appears in future comics.

2 Likes

Kamala refers to the Inventor as birdman in the first series, if there was a casting call for the series with a character code Birdman I see where the connection is being made. I just read the 1st series early issues and they are quality. I just doubt Disney would use such a transparent code name.

This guy? :rofl:

download

2 Likes

Thanks, my first laugh of the day. A bit more obscure with mine.

1 Like

If you haven’t watched, how do you know it’s trash? This is a really harsh stance if you haven’t yet seen some of these shows firsthand.

3 Likes

Going on reviews and people who have seen them. Seems most were underwhelmed by them. Maybe it’s super hero fatigue, idk. I think Marvels lost my interest because it’s the same stories over and over. It’s also a letdown because people’s ideas on the forums were better than what marvel put out.

1 Like

Agree with this, especially when falcon + ws was the weakest of any of the series.

Idk Wanda/Vision was pretty lame as well.

2 Likes

Reviews have been overwhelmingly positive for the Disney+ shows, and with the expansion to episodic storytelling they’ve been able to further diversify in terms of both plot and structure. Each show has told a strikingly different story, addressing different themes and aspects of the universe. It’s probably worth giving them a go before blindly criticising them.

Also, spec-wise, many of these characters have yet to be fully integrated into the MCU, and could well see further growth come their film debuts. Kamala, Kate Bishop, potentially even Eli Bradley and Wanda’s twins have a long way to go beyond the D+ shows. I think it’s far too early (and possibly costly down the line) to write them off so soon.

1 Like

Also, WandaVision absolutely slapped.

Yeah, two episodes of copying other sitcoms followed by a very boring story about Wanda dealing with the loss of Vision. The only good thing about it was Evan Peters appearing as Quicksilver.

What I’ve seen of the Disney+ shows so far has paled in comparison to the Netflix shows like Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage or Punisher. I may not have watched most of them but I’ve read synopsis and people’s underwhelming response to them is common.

1 Like

Alternatively, we got three episodes homaging classic, seminal periods of television that differed from anything previously seen in the MCU, followed by an exploration of grief and loss framed through the lens of contemporary mainstream blockbusters.

Agreed that the Netflix shows were fantastic - and are hopefully officially folded into the MCU smoothly - but they’re far more mature in themes and execution than what Disney+ has allowed so far. Their quality doesn’t diminish the more recent programmes. Maybe the Disney+ shows aren’t for you, but they’ve still received critical acclaim and are undeniably popular.

Also, Evan Peters didn’t play Quicksilver in WandaVision - it was a bit of a bait and switch, but made for a fun reveal and nice little nod to the X-Men.

2 Likes

Buy the dip. Kamala Khan is going to be in Marvel forever. Books are cheap right now.

3 Likes