Kickstarters That You're Watching/Backing

Just wanted to know if there’s any kickstarters that you’ve got your eye on or are backing. I haven’t backed a kickstarter yet but I saw this the other day

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onipress/the-sixth-gun?ref=b56qxn

I’m a big Cullen Bunn/ Brian Hurtt fan so I’m pretty excited that Sixth Gun is coming back. It hasn’t launched yet but when it does I will be backing it. Post if you see anything interesting that we should keep an eye on or should back.

4 Likes

I backed the recent witchblade complete collection kickstarter

1 Like

Only really back Lady Death kickstarters, there are always covers from artists that I collect and the kickstarters usually make over $400k so lots of cool little extras get added.

It’s also the only time I buy a mystery envelope, have got some awezome books from it. The last kickstarter should be start shipping in a couple weeks.

1 Like

There is one right now for a massive Cherry Poptart Omnibus.

Excellent topic!

Some of the ones I backed: Coffin Comics (Lady Death, Hellwitch and La Muerta), Penny for Your Soul, Guns & Angels, GUMAA #1, Time Shopper, Niobe & Dura, Mutiny Magazine (yes, I got the Campbell :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Great forum topic!!

3 Likes

What has been everyone’s experience backing these kinds of projects? Have you felt that you got good value for your money? Are you willing to pay more to support a creator you like? Have you ever backed something that didn’t come to fruition?

Thanks

1 Like

I meant to add that I backed Terry Moore’s latest sketchbook project, which is in the printing phase so I haven’t completed the experience yet.

1 Like

Value wise - I’ve found most of them to be great! The ones I back generally have ‘swag’ that is free when it hits certain $ marks. Coffin Comics is amazing with their freebies! Magnets, stickers, beer coozies, bottle openers, prints, bookmarks, etc. It all adds up as extra benefits for possible re-sell down the line (if one chooses to).

Time wise - can be rough depending on your expectations. I’m still waiting for Cary Nord’s Fol’Klor from 2022, but that’s the only one. Most of the ones I have backed, in my experience, is about 4-6 months. What I do like, is the anticipation. Additionally, most are very good at providing updates.

Definitely willing to pay more to support a creator I like. In fact, for the current Coffin Comics “La Muerta”, it’s the most I’ll spend on a single Kickstarter as I’m in for a special edition, (2) mystery envelopes and a mystery box. Plus, with the amount of freebies, it will be a fun open when I get them. They are outstanding!

I haven’t supported one that hasn’t been fulfilled. Fol’Klor seems to be on the edge but I believe that Mr. Nord has had some health concerns which has delayed production. I’m okay with waiting

2 Likes

Last kickstarter I did was the Todd Spawn figure one. And got my $'s worth…

4 Likes

Todd McFarlane KS was great, II also backed the Dave Stevens rocketeer KS b/c of the awesome Adam Hughes and Jae Lee covers

2 Likes

Yeah, I was late to the game on the Rocketeer KS. Love those covers!

1 Like

Details on the Sixth Gun kickstarter have been released.

2 Likes

Lady Death Cybernetic Desecration came in this week, this was all the stuff that came free for backing the project.Think it made just over $500k, the acrylic figure is really solid as well, thought it would be a cheap little thing :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

What was your backing amount for all that? If you don’t mind me asking?

I just bought the Mega Foil Sun Khamnuaki edition which was $50 :slight_smile: as long as you back a physical item all the stuff in the picture was additional add on bonus sent out.

It’s been the same for all of Coffin’s previous kickstarters, Lady Death get’s the most extras because it gets so many backers.

So $50 for all this is a bargain, I also believe that the book itself is selling for more than that on secondary market.

2 Likes

I just got mine in too. I went with the same Khamunaki “Mega Foil” and a mystery envelope (I got the “Pulp Friction” homage cover, which is limited to 50 copies and that is actually printed on the cover).

Coffin Comics is the absolute best when it comes to getting swag AND the comics in a reasonable amount of time. That 6" acrylic Lady Death standee and 3" replica sword are crazy cool for being free! The Dan Mendoza comic is all his pinup art of Lady Death. The other comic shown has pinup art by numerous artists like Jenny Frison, Sun Khamunaki, e.Bas, Tony Daniel, Ale Garza and more.

The value from Coffin Comic Kickstarters cannot be praised enough IMO.

EDIT: Great pictures IbukiLord!

1 Like

Nice, that was a great grab for the mystery envelope, I didn’t grab any this time because there were only 2 that I liked, one being the Pulp Friction, so I didn’t want to risk ending up with one I didn’t want. There are some really low printed LD books in these kickstarters.

1 Like

So im thinking of backing the palmiotti trigger girl kickstarter for the hughes variant and theres the $60 pledge for it or as an optional add on for $30, but are they the same variant? trying to decided which one to go for
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/creatorownedheroes/triggergirl-6-justice-by-palmiotti-santacruz-and-conner?ref=checkout_rewards_page

4 Likes

I was eyeballing that Hughes Trigger Girl #6 as well but I’m not actually sure whether they are the same variant. I have it saved and will make a determination closer to the end of the event.

I did notice that the Hughes ($60 version) already has 166 backers with 28 days left. It’s a great cover and MUCH better than any of the other options for that issue. As I said - I’ll wait for now.