King Spawn #1 Sells Almost 500,000 Copies

For what it’s worth, I stopped at two shops reasonably early today, and there wasn’t a single copy of Spawn 3 Barends cover. Shops went bigger on A and C (McFarlane).

1 Like

I recall a lot of the Spawn covers aren’t actually revealed until after FOC… maybe McFarlane wants to create that false demand for his products… by withholding cover art so then people scramble to nab cause they couldn’t be bothered in buying a unseen product before commitment. :crazy_face:

Hell, even the A cover was sold out at one shop. People seem to be digging this series.

Because McFarlane isn’t writing so it might actually be half decent read… :wink:

I was busy and in a hurry today. Just grabbed my pulls and left. Just noticed the Barends cover wasn’t there in the bag. I specifically pre foc ordered it and my comic hub receipt shows it. I’ll be interested to see where it is.
I also pre-ordered two off eBay awhile back. Hopefully they come through.

It seems like it’s USUALLY Todd’s covers that are late to reveal, and my theory for that is it takes until files are going to the printer for editors to push him hard enough to have it finished with how many things he seems to be doing these days.

He was always late and missing deadlines from what I’ve read at his tenure with Marvel… Marvel had these issues. They were probably more happy than sad when he left to go start Image. :wink:

I heard somewhere this was held back to be released next week with the Spawn 323 C cover that is very similar. Not sure if true, but I had them pre-ordered at two local shops and they didn’t get any .

You might be right. I’m not seeing any eBay sales showing the actual book. Just stock photos. So I bet it never went out.

Very few retailers received their Image books this week. King Spawn, Nita Hawes, Hellcop et al were inadvertently pushed back a week. For the retailers that did receive those books, Diamond messaged them and asked them to stop selling them until next week to match up the full release schedule.

1 Like

So, you only stop selling if they ask “purty please with sugar on top”, right? I wouldn’t hold back from selling. what’s Diamond gonna do, disable your account? Who’s left out of their publishers now? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ahh, the situation with King Spawn #3 makes sense now. Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Guess there’s a king spawn variant exclusive to gamestop. Honestly thought they completely stopped selling comics

There are gamestop covers for King Spawn and Gunslinger Spawn. Could be something considering the print run on those. I was unable to pre order at my local store and was told to go online.

Anyone know how GameStop ships comics? A long time ago, when they had prior exclusives, Greg Horn?, I remember they did not package very well.

I know from the past the comics in their stores are roached more times than not. Which is a shame as they have had some decent comics

Picked up a copy of each. Why not. Lot cheaper than what price the other stores put on their exclusives.

I’ve heard not well. Any 9.8 candidates should probably be graded.

Questions:

Are there a billion of these printed? Guessing so. And, are these JUST online, or instore, too?

$6 each and shipping is only $3 for up to 8 of these. Nice price for a McFarlane cover, but if there are a billion and they are shipped in a wet napkin, it’s not as appealing.

Do we find these Gamestop comics in the store, or only via internet ordering?