Legends of the Dark Knights

I have 3 copies reserved for Aug 5th. Should I be getting more? How many copies is everyone us getting?

Greetings! There’s a thread titled “Robin Kings 1st appearance” in the forum with a ton of info/responses & what everyone has been getting!
Suffice to say…most people are getting quite a few!

1 Like

I pre-ordered 27 copies at cover price after shipping costs were factored into the price from eBay the day before prices went up to $20 an issue and 10 from Tfaw for $4.19 and 3 from Tfaw for 4.79. And I bought a good amount from Poor Boy Comics at $11.99 an issue before they raised the price to 19.99.

1 Like

I lost count…getting 1 copy of the 1:25 though!

1 Like

4x variant have one sold @$350 they still haven’t paid so probably cancelling that and keeping them all.
14x Regular covers one of those is a graded 9.8 CGC.
My cost a little over $500

1 Like

And welcome to the forums Ryan

2 Likes

I ordered 11 copies for <$5 each. I’m happy.

1 Like

Guess I didnt answer the question lol.
I’ll have 11 copies from a few sources.
I’m a small time collector…very unusual for me to get more than 2-3 copies of a book.

Strange Academy is the only other book in the last couple years I went that heavy on pre order wise (thankfully).

1 Like

I’m hoping something big happens in Death Metal 3 because when I preordered Legends from Tfaw, Tfaw said Legends was coming out on like August 28th so I thought the Robin King’s first appearance would for sure be in Death Metal 3 because it comes out on the 12th and the Robin King is on the Federici variant cover… So I ordered about 45 copies of Death metal 3, not knowing that the release date on Tfaw for Legends was wrong. But luckily, I have a feeling that Death Metal 3 will do well too, knowing that it is already sold out by retailers and going to a second print.

1 Like

I got 7, 4x the Robin King covers and one of each of the other 3 metal #3 covers

1 Like

I bought around 25 copies of Miles Morales Spider-Man 6 last year for $3.39/issue, so I think its time to sell a few of those off to cover my Death Metal 3’s if they don’t go anywhere, because I don’t want to sell my copies of Legends because I’ve never seen a comic as hot as Legends so it should be a good hold.

1 Like

What about Hell Arisen 3 or Batman 89? Those were hot in the spring

Only because there was nothing else going on for the most part but I think the heat died off for two reasons…

1. Pandemic/Lockdown
  2. Tynion creating a bazillion more characters and pushing them hard onto consumers…

I think the new characters being dished out is taking it’s toll and is now backfiring. It seems more like a push on the spec/collector market cause people seem to crave first appearances over everything else, DC knows this, so they’re the ones actually getting the last laugh by squeezing out a whole lot more published books to spread out their profits a bit more… :wink:

Those books are still hot. And I think Punchline is here to stay.

3 Likes

Punchline is the only new character that has any legs in my opinion.

2 Likes

Also…

1. FOMO wore off and things settled down a bit…

I think Punchline is here to stay as well but the quick spikes due to FOMO and initial demand start to wear thin, bringing things back to the more sane demand/value level for books…

2 Likes

Yeah, probably. The Designer was such a pump and dump character by Tynion, knowing he was already dead. (yes, they could bring him back but I don’t think people will care then as much)…

Clownhunter just looks stupid, sorry… some of the others just look like great C or D class supporting characters in future books…

And this Ghost whatever in issue #100… ughhh… it’s like Tynion’s matched the amount of Batman Villains in just one story arc than the entire history of Batman…

2 Likes

I agree, FOMO drives prices to insane levels upon release. However a Batman 89 CGC 9.8 consistently sells for $200. Not bad for a cameo.

2 Likes

I’m almost to the point of jumping off Batman, I went heavy when Tynion first started his run but I agree with you its almost forced writing at this point just to throw in a bunch of new characters based on the success of Punchline.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, when I read his first issue in Batman, I was like this sucks… (I just can’t get behind Tynions writing for the most part), bring King back (and I stopped reading King around issue #25 or so). But yeah, DC and Tynion playing the market well, bravo to them for knowing how to bump sales…