Man Burns Comic Collection

Ugh. Not going to judge this guy but a man burned his comic book collection for church reasons. Instead of selling and donating the money which would go to help people, this guy decides to just burn hundreds of comics. He specifically mentions the Walking Dead, so I am hoping he knocked a number 1 out of circulation.

Man burning comic collection on YouTube

Burning books in the name of ā€˜godā€™. Jesus Murphy. What an absolutely indoctrinated, mindless, weak fool. Thatā€™s exactly one of the horrible things that the Nazis did, burning books. Iā€™m so happy to see that he wanted to include his small children in his act of idiocy. Keep those kids downwind from the black smoke coming off that fire from burning plastic bags and ink filled pages. Absolute moron. If youā€™re going to worship imaginary men in the sky, pick a god that encourages reading, not one that enjoys a good book burning. Smh.

2 Likes

I firmly believe a rational person who reads the Bible in its entirety is called an atheist.

1 Like

Thatā€™s my response when someone asks why I donā€™t believe. Ummā€¦ the bible. Iā€™ve read it 4 times I think.

Now Iā€™m also the type of person that says, do and worship whatever you want, cause thatā€™s our freedom here in America. I got plenty of religious friends and family along with plenty of non-religious, itā€™s all good.

But that man in the video really needs to get his kids out of the video if heā€™s gonna make a video and for crying out loud, it looks like theyā€™re playing with wood with nails in themā€¦ Geez, forget the comics, someone call CPS to do a welfare check on the kidsā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Isnā€™t burning things fun, kids!!

1 Like

This is just idiotic. Like Anthony said. He could of done more for his church if he sold the comics. Even at $.50 a book. He just thin out the atmosphere with all that black smoke and on top of that he dishonored the trees that died to give us this reading material. What an idiot. But hey to each their own I guessā€¦

2 Likes

I have no problems with faith, or those who have faith. The ones that irk me are the zealots who use their ā€˜godā€™ to justify acts of idiocy.

1 Like

Yup. I was raised in semi-religious home. Did the weekly church thing, even had some great times at bible camps in my youth. Still got some great religious friends and family. I just canā€™t bring myself to believe it, not with all the other things weā€™re discovering daily about our universe.

But to each their own, burning books is bad and burning stuff with inks and chemicals is even worse. There was plenty of better ways to handle this guy not wanting them anymore. Heck, rip them up, make a huge paper mache Jesus out of themā€¦

3 Likes

Donate them to a pet shop so they can use them for bird cage linersā€¦ so many other uses than burning them and you didnā€™t want to sell them.

I had to Google ā€˜paper mache Jesusā€™ after reading that. Lol.

See what this bozo made the world miss out on. Mary and Joe could easily have had Spider-Man facesā€¦that would have been, err, amazingā€¦ Spider-Manā€¦facesā€¦:wink::joy:

The world needs more paper mache jesusā€™s :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™m a devout Catholic. I would not say this guy speaks for most Christians or people of any faith for that matter. There are people on the fringes of everything.

What I do for hobbies, entertainment, etcā€¦has no effect at all on my faith or even how I live for that matter. As he even says itā€™s not hard to compartmentalize. Watching someone on TV (or in a comic) has never caused me to want to do X/Y/Z.

The one part where I do agree with him is if he feels collecting comics (or anything for that matter) is effecting his life negatively in any way, taking money that he needs for his family, causing an addiction, etcā€¦do you what you can to eliminate that from your life. But instead of burning things in a YouTube video for clicks, stop buying comics. Sell those books and take care of your family or donate the money to your church. Do some good, donā€™t burn as he says 10s of thousands in a YouTube video.

1 Like

I met this one legged man at the auction house he moved to retire here after owning comic shops throughout Florida. He has since passed away. Think his name was Bill I went to his house one time and he showed me a tec# 27 low grader he bought for $20,000 was in the process of getting it professionally restored and he quickly sold it restored for $50,000. His house was basically a well stocked comic store with full on comic bins throughout. He would buy the full inventories of other shops going out of business in the mid to late 90s and add that inventory to his stores. He held a bonfire with 13,000 copies of Spawn #1 videotaped and all.

Thatā€™s a book I could get behind in burningā€¦ I think to this day theyā€™re still reproducing in some way or anotherā€¦ burn a millionā€¦ meh, hereā€™s another millionā€¦ take centuries to burn them all. Heck, we could do away with fossil fuels and power the country from burning Spawn #1 books for a few yearsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ok, this guy is a joke and an idiot, but why say inflammatory things on the site? Makes no sense to rial people up who may be on the opposite of your personal beliefs. Just call this guy a moron and be done with it.

1 Like

Yeah, this guy has issues or just wants attention. Like you said a fringe type that makes everyone around him look bad.

1 Like

I firmly believe you are wrong on that. If itā€™s not for you itā€™s not for you. Thatā€™s fine. It really is but donā€™t speak for me.

No itā€™s full of bad fantasy, contradictions and straight up evil. Please donā€™t make me pull quotes from the Bible. Iā€™ve only read it twice and it was the first reading that was the nail in the coffin.

Weā€™re all entitled to our opinions. I apologize if mine offended you. Iā€™m not saying anything about religious people just that the Bible is full of crap. And 97% of religious people havenā€™t ever read or understood it in itā€™s entirety.

Alright, we donā€™t need it to get into a debate that might lead to saying stuff that might offend people and so on.

I think we can all agree, as rational people that the guy in the video is a moron, despite his reasons or his faith.

3 Likes

I agree. I like everyone on this site, even those who have opposing views. I just donā€™t want things to come to ā€œblowsā€ so to speak over one idiot who pulled a stupid stunt for whatever stupid reason. He would love for people to get into arguments over it. Thatā€™s what he wants! Iā€™ll just agree to disagree on some things and leave it there.

3 Likes