Man Burns Comic Collection

Love you all. Let’s all get along and argue comics and first apps ;-). None of us are burning any comics any time soon.

1 Like

Man burns zombie comic collection in praise of a zombie named Jesus.

1 Like

It wasn’t meant to be a controversial topic other than having a guy who burned his comics.

I believe nothing I said above was meant to be taken as inflammatory. As stated above, I have no problems with faith or those who have faith, when that faith is practiced with some modicum of intelligence.

2 Likes

Ummmm… I don’t know, I’m thinking burning more Spawn #1’s isn’t that bad of an idea now… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ha. Touché. Stay away from those TWD 1s though. Send those my way.

This is a great conversation it reminded me I’ve wanted a copy of Jesus Hates Zombies Those Slack-Jaw Blues for a decade and got one for $10 free shipping couldn’t believe it. Was a $150 zombie book when TWD#1 was $150 zombie book. $10 first edition with a movie that still says in production as of Feb 2020 can’t beat that.

1 Like

Even if I was religious and decided to burn my comics for whatever reason, man… couldn’t do it. I would have sold them all to donate to charity. Heck, I sold almost 15 or so Hip Hop Marvel Variant covers and 80% of the proceeds went to charity on eBay.

The bible, particularly chapters in Timothy off top of my head claim the love of money is not a good thing (and no, the bible never said money is the root of all evil but it did come close to saying that in another sense, a common misconception by some), perhaps he should have just withdrew all his bank accounts and burned all his money as well…

1 Like

The guy really believed Spawn #1 could never be worth anything and it was kinda true for him he died before anyone would have paid $10 for a Spawn #1. That’s how many he accumulated over the years buying whole comic book shops and collections brought in to his stores.

I had a copy as a kid… but it didn’t carry over into adulthood. It was like 3 years ago I found my NM copy at Half Price books for $4… maybe $5… What are they selling for now? I should sell while they’re still high before they dip again… cause we all know that movie isn’t ever going to happen, at least while McFarlane is alive.

Think they run about $30 last I checked

As a Spawn fan, I gotta keep my hopes up that this movie will be made soon. Or should I just sell my signed copy of #1?

1 Like

I’d keep it since you’re a fan. I don’t like saying the movie will never get made but I don’t think most studios want to back it since McFarlane wants too much control over the movie. When someone demands that, it scares investors off… it would scare me off.

1 Like

Exactly. At least use the money for something good. 10K+ could do a lot for several families in need.

1 Like

Yup, all this guy did by burning his collection was:

1. harm the environment
  2. did it for himself
  3. make him look like a fool on the internet

Spawn is what first got me collecting comics. Started off collecting those first 10 books.

Met McFarlane for the first time in 2018 and got him to sign the #1 I first bought and explained how it got me into collecting and showed him I still had the ticket to get into the show (that I bought the Spawn at) in the bag. I kind of figured he’d say cool story guy and next but he took the time to talk to me about it for a good 30 seconds.

2 Likes

All about the clicks and going viral. Even had multiple people filming it as you can see the guy with the cell phone filming going in and out of frame.

I would hope McFarlane would have enough money to back the movie himself. The man does a lot work wether creating new characters, comics, toy makers, new publishers. He should be set, shouldn’t he?

Uhh… no. Last I checked, he’s worth 300 million but he doesn’t have 300 million. Nobody wants to pour a couple of hundred million dollars into a movie that might not even break even on costs… so yes, could he do it on his own? Maybe… should he? yeah… if he wants to end up like these guys…

1 Like

Yeah dude, I got to meet him last year at SDCC for the big 300 issue. And he was talking with my youngest like he knew him it was a great experience. I thought he was going to be a douche since most famous people are, but I was way wrong lol.

2 Likes